DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How r they doing this

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Fast Willy 
G
#1 ·
I have a 2006, Dodge now claims to get 400hp out of the same hemi that I have in my truck, How are they doing this and can I do it as well ? I have a k&n cold air intake and I have dual exhaust to help the girl breathe a little better. Oh I almost forgot it has kumo tires and a 4'' inch lift. What else can I do, It seems to have way more torque down low then the new dodge but cant come close to mid range 60 mph and up at highway speed. This truck sounds awesome and has tons of torque and bark, but not enough bite. Open to suggestions from the people who know........ you guys

Thanks

#2 ·
They always seem to find ways to tweek more HP out of the engines to compete with other manufacturers. All you need to do is hit up one of our vendors for some ideas! Try Inertia Motorsports!

#4 ·
Long tube headers work well with more bite and I also have changed to E3 Spark plugs which doesnt make a huge differance but u can tell its there. I have a 4.7 and noticed some improvments I as well have intake and exhaust I here that programming may help with shift points giving a better feel for the performance and mpg.

#5 ·
..if your comparing your hemi to the 09 hemi..there are actually differences..the one big change is in the heads... the stock heads on the 09's are just like the p & p aftermarket heads we can get. they flow much more then the heads on the 03's-08's...

#9 ·
naw get an R/T 4.10 gears ya baby

#10 ·
3 things. You've already done 2

I had three things done to mine all at the same time and I couldn't believe the difference!

1) Cool Air Intake
2) Open up the exhaust

Let the truck breath

3) Flashpaque Superchip <-- IMPORTANT

When I drove out of the 4 Wheels & Parts parking lot, the truck took off!

Performance spark plugs and wires make a small difference too.

Hope this helps.

#12 ·
I agree, I have read that the HEMI is already engineered very stout, but is quite limited by it's programming. These things really wake up with some changes in the electronics. Change the heads and cam as mentioned before, and hold on nelly!
..I've done both and your not kidding..I love scarin my coworkers at lunch (cuz I drive all the time) when i lay into the pedal at a moments notice..to see the looks as they're suffocating my pillar handles is priceless:Wow1:.. I have over 160k miles on her and she still runa like a bat outta hell...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.