DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rough Country Lift Setup Thread PICS

223K views 565 replies 134 participants last post by  ginandtonic 
#1 · (Edited)
I consistently see almost everyday a new thread of people asking for pictures of Rough Country Lifts on the 2009-2012 Rams with tire size, wheels, bilsteins etc. I know there are a lot of lift threads out there but it can be annoying having to search multiple threads to find a RCX lift on bilsteins. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with Rough Country Lifts. Hopefully this will help others wondering what size tires, bilsteins, etc to go with.

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

#56 ·
Hey guys.....ive been a long time reader and finally a poster.....anyways. Fastnugly....im looking at copying your lift (6in RCX, Bilsteins 2.1, TGC 1.5) and ive been shopping around for wheels and tires. Im gonna run 20x9's and 37x12.50's......but im looking at diff offsets. I want a lil bit wider stance and plan on running fender flares or even the ram runner fenders and bedsides. Guess my question is....whats a good offset withoug being too far outside the fenders? If I go with the ram runner fenders and sides it will be a lil while down the road but flares will be added when doing the lift. What do u guys recommend flares, wheel offset wise??

Thanks in advance

#58 ·
quik660, my lift has changed slightly.
I am not running as 6" lift, 1.4 Bilsteins and 1" rear coil spacer.

As for the wheels. I would run a 20x10, -24 offset on either a 37x12.5 or 37x13.5
This will get you flush with the flares or ran runner fenders

Anything less will be tucked in and you will not like the stance

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need pricing on all these components :smileup:

#63 ·
well now im hung in the balance....ive run across a good deal on some balistic jesters in a 20x9 with 0 offset and 37x12.50's for 2300ish........Fast....do you have any rub issues at all?? could also get some in 22's but with a +15 offset which i dont think will work....

#71 ·
Could someone help me with my math? my truck is pretty much level now with bilsteins set on max and 1 inch rear spacer in the rear. ill be adding the rcx 6" lift next week and trying to figure out what setting on the bilsteins will level it out. I was thinking the first setting at .7 with the 1" rear spacer since the lift i believe is 6/4. But from what i read everyone here seems to be setting bils higher than that.... opinions?

#72 ·
From what I have heard a 6" Rcx needs bilsteins at 1.8 (or whatever the 1.something setting it) to level it out. at 2.1" (what mine is) it needs a .75" spacer in the rear to level it out. Mine is at 2.1" and no rear spacer and looks level to the eye. But I haven't measured to see.

#76 ·
Hey Fast should be getting my throttles today but do you have a pic or ur truck with the 20x10 -24 offset from the side?

#78 ·
love it! Been waiting for the 6" rcx with 35.12.50x18s haha eventually running that on my 11 ram can't wait :) Great work :smileup:

#97 ·
2007 dodge ram 1500
RCX 4 in suspension lift
bilstein 5100's all around
35x12.5 Toyo m/ts
Fuel wheels
After she was detailed

A little mud on her

#132 ·
:smiley_thumbs_up:I thought I would add my truck to this thread! RCX 1.25 BL, Maxed out front Bilsteins

Attachments

#134 ·
Thx buddy and yes they do..I like them a lot!

#136 ·
Thanks and yes fast long time coming..But yes I am rubbing a little on the left front side behind the front wheel..It hits that plastic guard so I am going to take it off and see what happens.

#138 ·
Ok thanks for the advice and yes 20x10 -24 offset..I do love the look brother!

#140 ·
Thx buddy..I just busted your balls in my thread! LOL

#145 ·
Seriously love your truck..have the same color with chrome and getting a 6" rcx lift kit installed in 2 weeks or so along with 18x9 -12mm offset on 35x12.50 nitto trail grapplers. For the longest time i've been looking for the n fab side steps on a silver rim with chrome and you have them :smileup: you made up my mind on getting them in the future nice work!

#153 ·
Question for you guys,
My RC 6" lift for my 06 1500 came in today and looking at the boxes I noticed one of them says 09-up dodge box kit, has anyone else had this before? I emailed the company I got it from but won't hear anything til tomorrow at the earliest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.