DODGE RAM FORUM banner

6.1 intake manifold

14K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  CdnoilRAM 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if the 6.1 hemi intake manifold well fit my 5.7 hemi?

#3 ·
huh...i was under the impression they wouldnt:4-dontknow:

#4 ·
Direct quote from S-A Designs High Performance HEMI builders Guide pg. 71-72:

some enthusiasts have swapped the 5.7L's composite, long-runner intake with the 6.1L's aluminum manifold, which features shorter runners. But with the 6.1L manifold fits the 5.7L, it is of limited effectivness without additional performance modifications to support its air-flow design. An upgrade to increaded flow cylinder heads, a supercharger, or nitrous-oxide would compliment the 6.1L manifold.
A caveat to using the 6.1L manifold: without proper tuning, the 5.7L's computer won't like it.

Hope it helps.

#7 · (Edited)
I found this on ChargerForumz.com that a guy did 5.7 to 6.1 intake manifold swap. He went through this company: http://www.inertiamotorsports.com/motors.html
The upgrade kit is towards the bottom of the page its $425 for the kit and then you have to supply the manifold and do a couple other things like build a CAI for it, but its very possible.
If I remember correctly I think the guys name was Stu at that company.

There is a picture of the engine with the swap but the file is to large for me to post the picture.. If someone else would like to post it here I have the link.

This is the setup the guy used with the swap:
FRI Ported & Polished 6.1L Manifold
FRI 5.7L Extreme Cylinder Heads
FRI Littleboy Camshaft

#10 ·
it will take a lot of work to do it and the 6.1 intake was made for the LXs and you will lose bottom end tq and if you have a 2500 w/HEMI you probably don't want that

#15 ·
But then the exhaust ports are different, and you would need the 09+ exhaust manifolds or headers. Trying to retrofit that into a leaf sprung truck may be a bit daunting.

I believe you can get a spacer plate, that bolts to the early 5.7 heads, and then the 6.1L manifold.

#16 ·
Not to hi jack the thread but does anyone know where you can get the specs for their camshafts? looking for the lift on their crazy jay, spartan, and crazy spartan cams.

#24 ·
yep, the 6.1 manifold will bolt on to your 2011, and should allow you to run the 90mm throttle body. I would think it would see some gains....

#25 ·
Sweet deal. Gonna look into this when I start to mod for speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.