DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build Page for my '05 HEMI

39K views 414 replies 26 participants last post by  double0ram 
#1 ·
Well I figure the best way I can keep track of everything is to do a build page, plus if anyone wants to look at what I have done then they can lol. Just got to get the pics loaded to the computer and will start putting them up.
:smiley_thumbs_up:

#3 ·
Finally got the pics all loaded up and are good to go so here we go in as best of in order of things I did. Will try and keep it broken up so not in one big long post.

This is the only completely stock pic I got of my truck.

First thing I did was protect my interior because lets face it, black rug and cloth is a pain in the ace to keep clean. :doh:

Here's a look at the front seats and the back seats.

Next I had to get rid of the stock intake so off to the internet I went and ordered some toys. First performance mod to go on was the Volant PowerCore CAI.

Got skill when ya can hook one up in the dark.:smileup:

Here's a daylight view of the Volant

Am going to probably order the RamAir hook-up when taxes come in.
More to come in next post... :gy:

#4 ·
As promised here is some more stuff lol.

Right after I hooked up the Volant I drove down the road to MONRO with my Flowmaster Super40 American Thunder CatBack in my back seat. Walked in and $68 later had a new exhaust.

Truck up on the lift getting ready for the new exhaust (forgot to mention the addition of the OEM bed rails I picked up off a guy for $50 before I put the CAI on heh)

View of the Flowmaster all hooked up

Vid link to how it sounds :smileup:

So after these fun little upgrades I got sick of constantly hearing rocks getting kicked up so I made a trip down to AutoZone and added some Bully trucker girl mud-flaps to the back...

...and some regular mud-flaps up front

#7 ·
Well I tried a Plasti Dip experiment. Came out pretty good but it gave me a whole new idea. Will have to experiment with the new idea when the weather clears up. Anyways off from planning land and here is my newest mod

Plasti Dip'd grille guard (please disregard the missing 0 from my decals heh, trying to locate only one of them sucks lol)

Well that is it for now. Off to dream bout Dynatech LT's and mystery experiments

#9 ·
Thanks much guys. Have a guy I am buying '03 HEMI Dynatech LT headers off of. I looked into it that the mechanics all fit up, just got to figure out if the O2 sensor is going to bug out on me. If it does then I got to figure out how to get round it. Think I saw someone say something bout anti-fowler plug inserts or something. Lookin forward to get the headers put on cause then I can put a Fastmann on and then I am saving up for the lift and such. Will worry about tuning and gears afterwards heh. Thinking about some different ideas for the body though. Got a couple I am tossing around, we'll see which ones I decide to go with.

#11 ·
Thanks mopar. Your truck looks amazing man. I am definitely thinking about doing the color matching on my truck, just deciding what areas to do it on. Want to figure out how to remove my console cover so I can do some detailing on it.

#13 ·
I got to send my truck into the body shop here soon because of some idiot side swiping my driver side and putting scratches down the entire length of it plus it has some bumps and bruises from the previous owner using it as a work/fleet truck. So while it is there I am going to have the guy do the color matching for me. Guy seems to do great work and his prices are really low so not thinking it will cost me too much more. After I get the body work and the paint touched up I am going to place my order for my Spyder smoked headlights and tail lights. Haven't found a third brake light yet, but am sure if I keep looking then one will pop up. Also going to go with my other idea I have for the truck, but that ones being kept quiet until I actually do it. Might actually have the guy do my exterior detailing as well with the Mossy Oak rocker panel wrap since he will have it all primed and ready to go anyways :smileup:. Ooooh so many ideas I have for this thing and I still got to buy a house :LOL:

#14 ·
Well coming up tomorrow is a new mod I have been wanting for some time. Tonneau cover time! Picking up a Peragon for $200 :smileup: This weekend am picking up my Dynatech headers. Called and talked to a Dynatech rep about the fitment with them being for an '03. He said there will be absolutely no issue at all for fitment so those will be going on along with a Y-Pipe next week more than likely :smiley_thumbs_up:

#15 ·
ok Peragon cover is on and it looks great. pictures will be comming soon. hoping to get the headers this weekend and installed here soon. have decided that once I do get a tuner I am going to skip the DSP and get the Trinity instead. was talking with the guy I got the Peragon off of and he said he loves his.

#17 ·
Alright got the cover onto the truck and here is the proof of it :smileup:

So the next mods are..
Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers.. have them purchased already. Picked them up off a guy for $100.. I basically stole them heh. Getting them put on.. but before they go on the money that was going to install the headers is going into something else.. found a guy selling a Diablosport Trinity T-1000 Tuner. Granted I was going to go with the Predator for the price even though I wanted the Trinity cause of all the features.. luckily this guy is selling the tuner at the same price as a Predator :smiley_thumbs_up: and it is only 2-months old and still has all the wrappings and such.. I can't believe I have been finding the things I have for these prices but dear god ya better believe I am hopping onto this purchase.. Looks like my MOD page is going to get a little longer
:LOL:

#20 ·
Thanks mtt. I am definitely going to keep moving forward with the mods heh. Will soon have to move to some smaller mods but will be leveling and swapping wheels and tires in a couple months.

#22 ·
thank ya much.. i am going to be putting the bed rails back on here soon and am going to go ahead and put the rocker panel Mossy Oak wrap on soon as it warms up a little and the rain and snow disappear lol. Picking up the Trinity this weekend and then putting the headers on next week or soon after.. talked with my buddy and he is really excited for when I get the money for the exhaust I am going to put on this in the end. I decided on true duals with high flow cats, race dumps right after the high flows and then an x-pipe leading into Flowmaster Super10 series exhaust and have the pipes sticking out the back.. most likely three inch piping the whole way back. Thinking that should be loud enough and give me a slightly better performance gain than my current setup. Soon as I get this all priced up I will figure out when it will go on heh. That said... where can I buy the dumps? lol

#26 ·
Ok finally got out of work at a decent time when it was light out and it wasn't snowing or raining or something lol. Here are some pics of the Trinity installed.

Can see here where it plugs in and where I have the cable running (please disregard all the mud.. am waiting for the rain and snow to pass to really clean her up)

Just ran the cable inside this rubber stripping and pushed in the excess

Got it coming out right at the dash and running back in behind the Trinity

And a pic of the Trinity itself up and running (if this was a video you'd hear Godsmack blasting in the background :LOL:)

#27 ·
Also decided to shoot some pics of the headers

Was about 32 degrees out when I decided to give these things a CLR bath. Wasn't worried about the outside appearance, just wanted to clean the insides up a little bit.

After soaking them and scrubbing them down a little. Am going to clean them some more before install..

Drivers side..

Passenger side...

Am getting these bad boys installed on Thursday. Can't wait to get them hooked up and running. Am trying to think of something else to do Thursday. Am debating on three different things. I can either order an electric cut-out for my current set-up and just by another one when I go true duals, or I can order high flow cats, or I can order a Fastmann... I am torn between the three because this paycheck will only leave room for one of the three :smiledown:. Though if I get the cut-out I can modify my stock cats into high flow cats :smileup:

#31 ·
Thank ya much. Kind of just have been finding great deals and I couldn't let them be passed up. Luckily I have an understanding family so I don't get whined at all that much :smiley_thumbs_up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.