DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mods Up to Now

106K views 1K replies 51 participants last post by  Johnmay 
#1 ·
OK so I have done a bunch of mod's and never really posted images of what has been done to the truck. So here is what has been done till now.

2012 Ram 1500 SXT trim, purchased 27 March 2012

Window in channel Deflectors, Mopar Mud Flaps, Full front and back with center Floor protectors, sheep skin seat covers, front only, should get the rear when they find a big enough sheep to cover the thing with lol

Chrome hood deflector, Stainless Bull Bar, PIAA 520 Driving Lights with 55Watt HID kit by Retro, Clear Headlight protection Film, HeadLight Hi/low HID 55watt kit by Retro

Stubby Antenna, love this thing, works great

Stainless Nerf Bars

Stailess Raptor Rails

Stainless Mopar Exhaust Tip

Encore Tonneau Cover

Reese Clamp on Aluminum Step

Mopar Tail Gait Electric lock, Tail gait anti-theft lock, EZ down Tail Gait Strut, Spare Tire Anti Theft, Mopar Reverse Sensor.

Locking Gas Aluminium Door

Ultra Wheels Nomad Aluminum Rims

Mods to come, Fender Flares "they are in the shop being painted the truck color", Mopar Remote Start and Cold air intake "on-order should be in soon", Dash Mat Ultra Dash protector "its in the mail",

Well thats it for now, should be undercoating her in the weeks to come, and also a rust inhibitor inside all panels doors and bed.

Till the next mods, Later Everyone, thanks for checking it out.

See less See more
#1,052 ·
I am running both, you could just run the outside one though, but I am presently running both and it works great, they are spreading the cow crap around on the fields in my area and It makes a difference in the cab. But ya, you can run both, or just the outside one. :smileup:

#1,053 ·
Well my Billet tech Engine Dress up kit finally came in, install was simple and easy, there products rock, excellent packaging and a beautiful product. Here are some crappy phone pics lol.

I had a pic of the oil and tranny dip sticks but it was crappy, if anyone want to see anything more up close or whatever just let me know.

#1,055 ·
See I was gonna go blue but then I went with Red. And there more Burgundy than red, I like them, The yellow plastic was just driving me nuts, take a while to get them but well worth the wait. Will need to WD40 them before the winter, my catch can also.

#1,057 ·
I thought you would have gone the chrome/satin finish to match the Catch Can....?

Looks good bud.

You and this build thread not good for my check book....

:7309300734:

Reactions: Asur
#1,061 ·
You're welcome, Alan. It's a pleasure watching you do your "therapy" and sharing it with us... almost a group therapy kind of thing.

Do you have anything protecting your rocker panels? That would be a good pre-winter mod to look in to.

#1,065 ·
well that sux......at least the 6 and 8 are still good

but thanx for the costly info lol

guess it's time to call Tom again
or maybe i'll give it a shot anyway...worst case scenario i wash with the Dawn again and start with fresh product

#1,072 ·
Lmao, I have 2 small mods to do but I can only do them when its not windy an its has not stopped, hoping it will be quiet on the wind side this weekend.

Quick! Somebody poke him, see if he's awake!
LOL, there are actually a bunch of mods I have found that I would do, unfortunately been to busy with the Porsche and getting parts for it before winter sets in and I put her away for 5 months.

Truck looks awesome

But why did I read this thread so many new ideas :LOL:
Thanks TexasMedic, I went functional for my type of businesses, so had to stay conservative in many area's, and well all my neighbors think I am nuts as they see me under, over, inside the truck doing stuff all the time, for me its just a mind break from the weekly grind.

#1,071 ·
Truck looks awesome

But why did I read this thread so many new ideas :LOL:

#1,077 ·
Yes, they do. And thanks to Asur, everyone knows about it now.(Well, except for you Sean! ) And, yes. It absolutely counts as a mod. How many is that now, Al?
Well I'm unfortunately not on here very often anymore but I'm certainly not going anywhere lol. How about a part number? Cost? I just skimmed back through your thread and didn't see it....

#1,079 · (Edited)
Ok well since you guys say that the foam cup holder is a mod well I did these the other weekend, found something pretty nice, This stuff is used on boats, its called Self adhesive Rubberized Boat Step Tape Wide Ribbed Non Slip 4" x 25' roll and sticks like crazy, I picked up a roll of Ebay to try it and wow, works like a charm, really happy with this stuff. and I still have like 15ft of it, so we will see how it holds up but from my boating experience, boat stuff usually lasts.
Front:

Rear:

#1,106 · (Edited)
OK, first of the unit is less fancy then the BD, but feels more solid. Standard Mono LCD with some small black rubber buttons, I uninstalled the BD off my truck, with the usual 5 times of on off of the ignition, unpacked the Superchips unit, pluged into my USB on the system, the computer saw the unit and installed the communications driver without asking any input from my side. Went to the Superchips web site and downloaded the Updater. Super easy, main page, 5 white squares with info in them, the middle one says "Internet Update" pressed on there and it downloaded the setup, run setup program and ask's you to register your unit, same time you put in your trucks information. once you done that press "done" and it checks if your unit needs to be updated. Mine needed it. says "your unit needs to be upgraded" and there is a button, press upgrade and away it goes. 25 minutes of upgrades. That's it, no harder than that, just plug and update. once finished, unplug and off to the truck.

Plug it in, turns on, no extra power cable, just OBDII plug and your up and powered. I have presently a fresh tank of 87, full to the brim, so I could not install anything more than the 87 tune, I could of installed the fuel saver on but will do that later, my goal is to run through this tank of 87 and then put in some 94, install the 93 Octane performance tune and see how that goes but for now I have to play 87.

OK so now the install process. Kind of scarey but here's how it goes. You have the choice of install, there is a Quick and Advanced, did the Quick one for this test as it will setup the truck with the most used configuration. So press quick install, ask me what I want, performance 93, performance 91 or 87 or fuel saver, oh and there is heavy towing and I think towing. Hit 87, says turn key on and its starts copying the current trucks stock configuration, this gives you a nice little bar with percentages, after about 5 minutes its done. Then it starts perpping the tune for upload, you go through that turn on / turn off thing but only like 2 times compared to the BD which you like have to do it 5-6 times. OK here's the scary part, at one point is says to turn off press ok, then turn on, at this point it sits there saying "please wait" and you wait, and wait like 5 min, you start thinking to yourself oh shit its frozen, and then it beeps and makes you do a couple of things, but yup, thats it, super simple to install if you use the quick install.

Now, how does it feel, well, I only got to go out for a few minutes, work comes before play, but let's put it this way, I only have the 87 tune on, what does it feel like, again, it felt good, I had driven the truck earlier without the BD tune to make sure all was good and I felt it was missing something and the shifting tranny I so hated was back. Now with the SC it feels like there's something there, not sure yet on the tranny but it felt better than stock. One thing I could never do with sticky winter tires was to chirp my tires from a stop, well guess what, Floored it and Chirp, so that put a smile on my face. So that's it for now, tonight I will be checking some of the other options on the unit and will report back what I find. Mostly I will be testing the performance 93 as soon as I can, then for the winter I will go into fuel saver mode. or maybe stay in 87, will see. If anyone has questions please let me know as I will be playing with it tonight.

#1,118 ·
OK so after half a tank I like the SC tune on 87, now another half tank to go and I will put in the 93 performance tune, hopefully before it snows.

OK went out to Vermont today, picked up a couple of mods I want to add to the truck.

Got this in, its a side bed step that fits just before the rear wheel, it locks into place when using and locks out of the way when not, I figured I would take a look at it since it was only 50$ off ebay, its by Bully and seems pretty solid, I think I will be ok it says 300lbs, so should hold up my 200lbs of solid beer fat lmao.

Also go my new horn it, plugged it up and cool, sounds like a simi truck horn, nice and strong also, want to rig it up with my other twin OEM horns, so have all 3 honking, should be nice.

My wife says to me, have you ever calculated what you have put on the truck since you have it, I asked her is she calculated what she has put in her 6 closets since I bought the truck. :shutup::LOL: the conversation ended abruptly :LOL:

Hope fully it will warm up this week and no snow lol

#1,119 ·
OK so after half a tank I like the SC tune on 87, now another half tank to go and I will put in the 93 performance tune, hopefully before it snows.

OK went out to Vermont today, picked up a couple of mods I want to add to the truck.

Got this in, its a side bed step that fits just before the rear wheel, it locks into place when using and locks out of the way when not, I figured I would take a look at it since it was only 50$ off ebay, its by Bully and seems pretty solid, I think I will be ok it says 300lbs, so should hold up my 200lbs of solid beer fat lmao.

Also go my new horn it, plugged it up and cool, sounds like a simi truck horn, nice and strong also, want to rig it up with my other twin OEM horns, so have all 3 honking, should be nice.

My wife says to me, have you ever calculated what you have put on the truck since you have it, I asked her is she calculated what she has put in her 6 closets since I bought the truck. :shutup::LOL: the conversation ended abruptly :LOL:

That's how usually happens! :LOL:

Hope fully it will warm up this week and no snow
Are you referring to outside or inside, especially after the closet comment? :LOL: lol
And, as usual, very nice selection of your next mods. Looking forward to the pics!

Reactions: Asur
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.