DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I call it a kill.... Darwin however, might just call it an honourable mention...

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Toms Blue Ram 1500 
#1 · (Edited)
So I am driving home from work and there's this guy in a little 4 banger 4x4 with primer here and there and the stickers on the back window, most of which belong and should have stayed on a high school notebook. Me in my stock (at the time) 2008 4.7. He pulls up beside me, givin' it a bit. I just give it enough to show him that the v8 would eat him alive and then stay back because there's a semi trailer directly ahead of me slowing down for the intersection. Also there's people around so it's not a place to race.

This guy decides it would be a great idea to show me what his truck can do by taking the semi on the inside. What he does not realise is that the semi has its turn signals on and is taking a wide right turn (two trailers, he needs the room). He realises too late that he's about to become a curb/semi sandwich. With no room left the semi does a number on his front fender and keeps going. I'm sure the semi driver was well aware of what happened but his trailer was none the worse for wear and I'm sure he had a good dinner waiting at home and did not really feel like a douche bag sandwich spoiling his appetite.

Long story short, I see the guy in the grocery store parking lot telling his buddy how some a-hole trucker cut him off, and showing him the damage. I just smirk, hop in the truck, and give him a friendly wave and chuckle as I drive off.

Moral to the story... If you're gonna challenge anybody, look ahead, lol. Or else you could be the one in the PriceSmart parking lot trying to bend your front fender back to the smooth primer finish it had before you decided to try out for the latest Darwin award. To his credit, it looked none the worse for wear after a few tugs at it besides a few cracks in the bondo. I'm not going to mention his pride leaking out all over the pavement, but hey, it wasn't a Walmart parking lot, so it could have been worse, right?

I'm glad he was okay and I'm sure his truck's been through much worse. I'm also glad that it didn't affect me, as much as I like hood ornaments, somehow I don't think primer and high school stickers wash off the front of a Ram grille as easily it does off the side of a semi trailer, lol.

See less See more
#5 ·
Funny story there man, just glad you didn't get tangled in it like Paris said. To the other driver......here's your sign!

- Cajun

#6 ·
Good one. He definitely earned the Darwin Honorable Mention on that.

#9 ·
Great story! Your right, the conditions weren't right, so a little restraint is in order. :smileup:

If you have a little 4 banger 4x4 and you want to take on a semi.....this one you have a chance at....all else.....NOT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.