DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Got a new truck and already want to add on.

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Roguebishop 
#1 ·
So I just bought a 2013 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4 outdoorsman. and well right out the gate I already want to add stuff to it. and well im in for public opinion at this point. My wife keeps saying just do it but of course IM not trying to break the bank all at once so I want to spread and need a little help.

First thing first I am a non chrome fan, want the bigger truck look and hit a mud puddle now and then but mainly hitting trail from time to time. I live on a military post that has tons of wild life that just dont mind sitting in the middle of the road either. so here is what I am looking to do.

a 6" RCX suspension lift (1850 installed) or go with 2.5 leveling kit (350)

Not positive with the 5100 blistiens or not (we all know this one)

35" tires on 17 in rims ( would you recommend going smaller rim this will be a second set of mud tires) (1600) There is someone willing to sell me a set of 17" Procomps with 33" mickey thompsons MT with about 40% tread

Ranch hand front steel bumper and brush guard (900)

Change out exhaust (not sure which to go with Need to research)

Bed lining bottom Panels and wheel flares since I dont care about the paint (didnt know it was two toned when ordered) (400)

Tuners worth the money?

and I already have a vararam air grabber on its way.

Most of the time this is my everyday truck but I do work out in the field from time to time and it has come in handy.

Let the discussion begin I could get them all but figure I wanna take the kids to the beach a couple times over the summer.

Soldier at FT benning

See less See more
#5 ·
Whew, I could write a book on what I would do. Definitely some good talk here.

On lift, you cant go wrong on RCX. I absolutely love mine. Bilsteins are always a good on even if you don't adjust them. 1.4" will level the truck out perfect. But either way I recommend Bilsteins. In my opinion. If you are already thinking lift kit, you'll regret the leveling kit option. My truck has been in RCX's R&D dept as they were looking for ways to make it better. Absolutely great guys and a great company. Always looking for ways to improve their product. Fantastic warranty as well. I highly recommend these guys.

Check craigslist for used tires. I always buy a set there.

Ranch hand is great company. I personally love my Iron Bull. Comes powder coated and is extremely thick, sturdy, and ready to go. You can get it in multiple styles and add-ons. I think Iron Bull flows better with the truck then Ranch Hand and it makes the truck stand out. If you have any questions on Iron Bull I have an answer as I know this group very well.

For exhaust I personally love magnaflow on these trucks. You can't tell when MDS kicks in at all. 14" maggie will be loud. 18" is loud at WOT and start up but quiet on the highway (I have this). the 22 or 24" (Cant remember) is quiet and in my opinion just like stock. I just did a simple 18" muffler swap, cheap, and very happy.

Tuners are great and will help with MPG. I haven't done this yet since it is the only thing my dealer will void the warranty on.. but i've heard great things about them. Don't know if there is one out for the 13s yet.

Any other questions let me know. It usually best to post it up on my build thread since I check it more often.

Sounds like an amazing build. Look forward to seeing it done. Hope we can help.

Also, Discount Auto Performance is a great company to purchase from. They carry all this stuff. Even the Iron Bull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.