DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dennis Dillon dodge- ok ?

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  90459 
#1 ·
Located in Michigan, Dillon in Idaho.
Dealer offer about 10k below msrp. Requesting deposit.
Has anyone dealt with this dealer ? Experience good, bad, indifferent ?
Thanks
Tim

#3 ·
I bought my 2013 Ram there 6 months ago. I was happy with the sales experience and feel I got a very competitive deal. I also had excellent advice on a new loan through a credit union I already had accounts with. The rate was 1.67%! All the rebates were taken as towards the purchase. I did have a problem in that it took them two weeks to pay off the loan on the trade in truck. That was potentially a problem because I was buying a new home at the same time, and I did not want an extra loan showing up that should have been paid off promptly. It did all work out in the end.

#4 ·
My truck window sticker says "Assembly Point/Port of Entry: Warren, Michigan, U.S.A.
I wonder if you could take delivery at the factory or point of entry?
It seems silly to ship it all the way to Idaho, and then drive it back to Michigan.

Mercedes has a program where you can take delivery of an American spec car in Germany, drive it around Europe for a month on vacation, and then give it back. They then ship it to your USA dealer through normal channels.

#5 ·
DD was hands down, the best buying expirence I have had. No haggle pricing with an informative staff. I'm in Oklahoma and it was well worth the flight and drive back.
When I arrived at the dealership, the sale manager informed that I qualified for an extra $1000 in rebates! Plus, I drove out with 31 gallons of fuel which is becoming more rare these days.
I would do again in a heartbeat......

#8 ·
2500 have 31 gallon tanks and yes I tried price matching with the big dealer in Midwest City and some local dealers. After seeing my quote sheet from DD, none of them would call back. My wife went with me so we made a short vacation out of it. We saw a good portion of Utah, took the scenic route thru Colorado. It was a nice trip back.....

#9 ·
I kinda had my ears pinned back waiting for the old bait and switch game but just the opposite happened. The damn truck got cheaper plus I received a $500 upfitter bonus for owning a business. I hate haggling over pennies but hate feeling bent over as well. I left Idaho with my ass and head intact so I say go for it.

#11 ·
when I was in there ordering my truck they have a huge map of US with pins showing where there trucks have gone. All over including New York/Florida. Guess it was worth the plane flight. The sales manager was assigning which salesman was picking what customer at the airport. Airport is in Boise about 1/2 hour from Caldwell. My truck should be here in about 10 days

#12 ·
picked up my Laramie last saturday. No surprises. wanted to sell me VIN etching for 300 dollars but backed off when I told them I didn't want it. Full tank of Gas , Back Dennis Dillion mud flaps and rubber dennis Dillion mats over the factory carpet mats. Good experience GREAT PRICE

#13 ·
Dennis Dillon-I like these guys!!!

Located in Michigan, Dillon in Idaho.
Dealer offer about 10k below msrp. Requesting deposit.
Has anyone dealt with this dealer ? Experience good, bad, indifferent ?
Thanks
Tim
Over the past 2 decades, I have purchased 2 trucks from Dennis Dillon and really like doing business with them. I felt like I got a fair deal both times. They did not try to upsell me and there were no hidden costs. They even delivered the trucks to my house with fuel tanks full. About a week after each purchase, I got a follow up phone call from this dealership to discuss any issues and to thank me for my business. Will definitely do business with them again.

#14 ·
I picked up my truck on March 7th. There was a VIN etching charge for $279 on my paperwork that they pulled off immediately once I voiced my displeasure with it.
They go out of their way to find out if you're able to get any additional rebates. I ended up with another $500 to be applied to accessories for owning a business. They just Googled my business name and my taypayer ID came up. Got a bed extender and Weathertech mats for free.
They did have a mistake on the amount they charged me by $500. It was difficult to find due to the way they showed the price and the fact that I had some slight damage to the bumper which they gave me $663 off the price of the truck. Anyways, I didn't catch it right away. When I called them back several days later and emailed them my figures, they corrected it immediately after taking 1/2 hour to confirm there was a mistake. They could have told me tough luck but they fixed the mistake. I was somewhat surprised but pleased that they did that.
Also, their driver was waiting for me at the airport and it was a good experience. The guys there are all pretty friendly and knowledgeable. Monte spent at least 1/2 hour going over everything on the truck. They know their stuff! Just watch out for that VIN etching charge!
Oh yeah, the price was by far better than any other dealer I found. Will do business with them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.