DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calling all black trucks!!!!!!

8K views 41 replies 25 participants last post by  TONYS70 
#1 ·
OK guys, think I have found the setup I want to go with now just have to choose the rims.

I'm not sure if I want black with machined or chrome or what :LOL:

Looking for pics of black truck with after market rims.

If you could also put your lift or level if any, the model of rim and tire specs that would be appreciated.

I have the black 2 tone with the gray Laramie so if you have the same paint scheme even better, if not all black trucks will do.

Thanks in advance :smileup:

#2 ·
If you post a good quality pic of your truck and some wheel options you're considering, I'll bet they can be photoshopped onto your Ram. :D We have an expert.

#6 ·
Thats what I thought, especially with the machined look of the gray 2 tone I have.

Mind you, I have a fair amount of chrome too so I thought that might look better as well :4-dontknow:

Will try and get a good pic once I clean the snow off :LOL:

#5 ·
i will say stay away from black rims but thats just my personal opinion cuz i HATE black rims with a passion

#7 ·
#9 ·
My truck's not black, but I think my wheels would look nice on a black truck. Definitely go with an accented wheel if you go black though... just my 2 cents...

(and the front of mine is raised 1.4" courtesy of Bilstein 5100's...)

My wheels thread:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64010

#14 · (Edited)
Haven't been able to find many options that have black and chrome together, most black rims come with a machined accent.

Questions about machined, does it shine like chrome or is it more of a mat finish? Haven't seen any in person and the pictures can be deceiving. :LOL:

Thanks for all the replies all, it is much appreciated.

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up City Slicker!

#17 ·
Here we go boys, what are your opinions?

#20 ·
defently the last pic!!!!!!what kind are thoes????

#24 ·
They are Chrome Ballistic Jesters :smileup:

Thanks for all the replies.

#21 ·
I love the black wheels on any color truck , especially black trucks. But everyone has different opinions. In the end your going to have to do what you like and whatever that is , not everyone is gonna like it. Im having trouble downloading pic of mine but there are some in my gallery that you can look at

#22 ·
got the computer working, here is my trcuk 2" level kit, KMC rockstars , Nitto terra grapplers 295/70/18

#26 ·
Thank you for posting the pics for me, Im sure its me and not the computer that is having issues

You are correct 34", no spacer, I did have a little rubbing on the front left during full left turn. No rubbing at all once I put on the level kit, could even go bigger if I wanted but the 3.55s keep me from doing that. I really like the rockstars and i get complements on them everyday, the nice thing about them is that I never wipe them down in between car washes and they always look clean, every wheel ive ever had would need to be wiped down every couple of days to stay clean. Another idea i have is to buy another set of the plates that hold the star on and make a custom design so i could just peel the star off , glue my design on and be able to change the look of my wheels when ever I want . Those plates go off and on real easy with an alen wrench that is provided when you buy the wheels.

#27 ·
No problem about the pics, you had "http://" twice in the image string that's why they wouldn't show. :smileup:

Thanks for the info about the spacing and everything. Just out of curiousity, what offset are you rims?

#32 ·
Did a google search and found his truck on car domain. Here is his setup.

6" BDS High Clearance Lift Kit
Rear Gas Shock Absorbers
35X12.50X20 Nitto Mud Grapplers
20" American Racing Dale Earnhart Jr Cannon rims

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.