DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Pulling ABS plug to diasble TM

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  NYTHWK 
#1 ·
Who's done it and what are your thoughts?
Looks like the dash lights up like crazy but goes back to normal when it's plugged back in....anyone have any adverse effects from doing this?
Still no tuner so I'm thinking about giving it a shot at the track this Friday.

#2 ·
I have done it and it helped a lot at the track. I went from a 7.86 500ft time to a 7.75 time. But I will worn you after acouple runs you need to disconnect the battery cause the check engine light will stay on till you do.

#5 ·
FWIW I don't believe it effects TM at all, just abs and electronic stability control. So it still should help as far as cutting the throttle when the tires start to slip but I don't think it will have any effect on the shifts.

#7 ·
I went out and disconnected that harness as soon as I read about it on here. My throttle response was immediate and I layed rubber everywhere so I don't see how torque management still works. When I plugged the harness back in all the lights went out except for the chck engine light. But after turning the truck on and off a couple of times I noticed that the next time I drove my avg mpg wasn't reacting like I thought it should so I reset it. The next time I turned my engine on the chck eng light was out. If the results of performance by unplugging that harness is just a taste of what a tuner is going to do it then ill be buying a tuner for sure, sooner or later. But don't forget about the big thing about unplugging that harness, it disables your odometer reader on the dash but not to the ECU so there will always be a deviation if you do it.

#13 ·
I've been told pulling the abs fuse disables abs and traction control. Not sure about torque management but would think it would have no effect. Torque management doesn't have anything to do with wheel speed or wheel slip I don't believe, I think it's just controlling throttle based on torque at transmission input shaft vs torque at transmission output shaft.

I'm not 100% sure though.

#14 ·
He's clarified PLUG and you're still talking of the FUSE.... ?

Anyway, I don't have an answer other than I highly doubt that pulling the ABS fuse alone is the same as UNPLUGGING the ABS plug/module. Somehow I think the ABS module is branched to other areas; whereas the ABS fuse is a direct and an unbranched link.

Maybe RamTech can chime in and clarify.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.