DODGE RAM FORUM banner

62 mpg!

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  hemiv8dodgeram1500 
#1 ·
#4 ·
it sounds good in theory, but I'm not sure how well it'll be in practice

Exco

#6 ·
My theory on this is that I always thought that far in the future we wouldn't even have combustion motors. Everything will be electric or driven by some sort of propulsion, or JET POWERED!!!

#8 ·
That is a good idea for the environment. If they are pushed to make the 62mpg happen then the makers will make sure it doesnt affect thepower of the vehicles. The electric cars are actually pretty quick. I think it would be good for everyone once the auto makers get a good grasp on it all.

#10 ·
its easily achievable... maybe not as easy in the north american market for trucks / suv's but the majority of europe / japan drive vehicles that are easily capable of 40 mpg plus now so taking them to 60 odd isnt a far stretch.

for example.. here the most fuel efficient mid size salon is claimed to be the ford fusion hybrid.... but in the europe you can buy a turbo diesel mondeo (same size) that * all over the fusions mpg, yet the big manufacturers dont sell these vehicles over here (every company has loads of excellent fuel efficient cars that they simply dont sell here)

#11 · (Edited)
Mpg

its easily achievable... maybe not as easy in the north american market for trucks / suv's but the majority of europe / japan drive vehicles that are easily capable of 40 mpg plus now so taking them to 60 odd isnt a far stretch.

for example.. here the most fuel efficient mid size salon is claimed to be the ford fusion hybrid.... but in the europe you can buy a turbo diesel mondeo (same size) that * all over the fusions mpg, yet the big manufacturers dont sell these vehicles over here (every company has loads of excellent fuel efficient cars that they simply dont sell here)
Yes but you can put the entire europe in a few states or alaska. Try going 3 K in a bug, you wouldn' be able to stand up after the first few days. It is a different world over there.:158: We just got back from a 3 K round trip and only hit 3 and 1/2 states.

#12 ·
I am not opposed to electric vehicles as long as its not the combustion equilvelant of 100 ft lb tq. I really just wish Americans would learn to love diesel better on almost every level. I just do not need a 2500 nor want to spend that much. Give me 3l Cummins Dakota or 1500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.