DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need help from anyone

465 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Grubrunner 
#1 ·
Okay all, I have a 2003 Ram 1500 SLT. Just bought it. I enlisted in the military and am now over seas. When I get back I'm looking to get exactly what I wanted. I just bought this to get me around for 2 months before i left. My question is should I buy brand new or go a little older. I was thinking about 07 to 09 era laramies or the 2013 SLT. What should I do? What allows me to customize more what problems would I run into in both instances? Thank you very much.

#2 ·
There is a big difference between the 07 and the 09. I just traded my 03 for a low mile 09 Laramie. Saved about $20k by buying a used truck with 20,000 miles on it.
My understanding is that the 09 is basically the same truck as the 13, except for the trans. I am happy with my choice. The coil spring rear end on the 4th gens (09-13) is a big improvement in the ride. Good luck with your decision.

Here is a pic at the dealer a few months ago... when it was holding for me with a deposit.
I already did a few mods since I bought her.

#4 ·
My understanding is that the 09 is basically the same truck as the 13, except for the trans. I am happy with my choice. The coil spring rear end on the 4th gens (09-13) is a big improvement in the ride. Good luck with your decision.
Oh I believe the differences are a little more listed than just the transmission.....

#3 ·
^^^what he said. 09 would be most mod friendly, late gen body/chassis, and best value per dollar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.