DODGE RAM FORUM banner

how fast havu been in u're dodge?

How fast u been in ur'e dodge

60K views 458 replies 313 participants last post by  JmacBlack 
#1 ·
How fast has everyone been in there babies. Just want 2 know how many people r crazy like me. I've been 100mph who's beat me.

#65 ·
LOL at Ken. Iam about the 5 over. Not in the city though.We have to many unmarked and 4 way stops. I get a kick out of some people who giver at a 4 way. Go up 2 blocks and slam on the brakes to stop.:doh:I happen to live in between to 4 way stops.:smiledown:

#78 ·
That's true for me as well. All my other vehicles, what speed limit haha :LOL:

I am 18, and I 90% of the time drive with the cruise control on at the speed limit. Unless I am driving into New Orleans, thats the only time I speed.
You have to speed through New Orleans. If you don't they'll run you over!!! :smileup:

Typically I'm 5 miles over, ok, most of the time, except for notorious ticket zones, like right by where I work!

- Cajun :pepper:

#74 ·
all depends on where I am, usually around home I am 10-15km/h over, in the city or places I dont know its 10km/hr over. If I am in the states its usually 5 or so m/hr over except for areas with known speed traps then its right on the button, as I dont need a speedign ticket while heading to South Carolina ;)

#81 ·
5-7 mph over, for whatever reason if you're abiding by the law here in Central Florida, they think you're up to something. Pulled over 11 times in 2 years for driving the speed limit. I was being suspicious from what I was told. And that was in a frickin Chrysler Sebring! :4-dontknow:

#82 · (Edited)
I don't know if this works on the trucks but in my Magnum you can pull up the engine hours on your display area where your odometer reads.
By doing some simple math, my average speed calculates to just over 41 mph.

Disclaimer - Known to work on the Dodge LX Platform vehicles.

Display your runtime hours by:
turning the ignition switch to the "ON" position and pressing and holding the trip meter reset button
for approximately 5 seconds until your odometer display switches to hours (also remember to close your door first).

Now take your total mileage and divide that by your hours to get a "miles per hour".

Here are my numbers:
Date: 02/08/10
Miles: 151,709
Hours: 3649
Avg Mph: 41.57

#87 ·
I try to stick at 5mph over in the city and on the highway and don't get bugged much. I lost my license when I was younger from too many speeding tickets (anywhere from 10 to 23 over once) and I don't want them insurance rates again!

I actually had a 97 Ford Probe GTS when I got my 23 mph over and that was the straw breaker for me. Lost my license for a month and then when I got it back my insurance was $450 A MONTH FOR THREE YEARS (full coverage) for that car. It was sold in 2 months and I have regretted it ever since. It was kind of a rare model for that car, only made in 1997 and a large chunk of them are totalled now, including the one I owned. The kid bought it, and 3 months later tried going around a 45 mph curve at 90 mph, obviously slid of the road and cartwheeled it 3 times. Lets just say it was well past done haha.

Here is a pic of the car. I loved it haha

#93 · (Edited)
Wow.. you guy's are crazy.. Trucks are not made for that. I did however hit 165 in my car and it scared the hell outta me, rumor has it it'll do 205 ?.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.