DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Any Suggestions

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Stoner421 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 Ram with the 5.2, and I am adding some items. I would like to know if anyone could suggest anything else that would help my truck perform better. Nothing is wrong just some performance upgrades. Here is the list of parts I am getting:

Motor upgrades:
High flow throttle body (twin 52mm)
Stage 2 jet performance chip
High Flow Thermostat (180 degree)
Cold Air Intake W/ cool air scoop

Body Upgrades:
Single scoop functional ram air hood
projector headlights
Black/ clear lens tail lights
Truck bed lid
Sports Visor

I appreciate any advice or suggestions given. :4-vampire:

#2 ·
I would say if your doing a functional ram air hood, that you could do the 14x3 filter, rather than the intake.
I would also probably do a Superchips instead of the Jet, unless you already have the chip.
Thermostat looks good, projector lights (pics), whats a sports visor?

#3 ·
Sounds like a terrific list of mods. to me.:smileup:

#13 ·
About the chip I couldn't ever find one for my truck. Every one I saw was for a 1998 - 2001 model. Never saw one for a 1996. I also have a buddy who has used the Jet chip and he liked it, so that is why I went with the Jet. I went with the pacesetter headers. I love the hood I purchased, plus I am not to fond of the shaker and double ram air scoop. I will definitely post up some pics when I get home, and get everything on. Which should be soon. can't wait.

#14 ·
Hey. I've got a visor on my '97, and they're not worth it unless you really like the looks. The wind howls through them like crazy going down the highway, it drops your fuel mileage. And the roofs are too weak to hold the screws in unless you take the headliner out and put washers on it, i've had a couple screws rip out on me already.

#15 ·
Hey thanks for the heads up. I am going to redo my headliner anyway so I will just get some bolts/ washers to go through it. I personally like the look of them. Also I would like to welcome you to the Z. Go to the Newbie checkin to get yourself the RamforumZ proper welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.