DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cab light install for 1500's

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jcasey10 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed cab lights on their truck that didnt come with cab lights? I'd love to have a set, considering there only like $90, but I'm skeptical on drilling holes in my roof :Wow1:

#2 ·
good question sir! A friend of mine has a 04 2500 Hemi which did not come with the cab lights. He took the pillar off dropped the headliner, laid his lights out, and drilled the holes. IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Since my truck is blacked out, they make some that are "smoked". They are on my list of to do's :)

#8 ·
Okay, so I called the local truck store, and they sell the recon lights, and install them. They're asking $150 for the lights and install. The lights are only $90 on recons website. Would I be better off just doing it myself? I know I could do it, I'm just so freaked out with drillin holes in my roof. But from watching the videos, it doesn't look that challenging.

#11 ·
Well, on the newer rams, (I'm not sure for 2nd gen) there's a plug behind the passenger side pillar with like 5 wires coming in to the adapter, and only 3 leaving to go to the computer and lights up top. One of the extra wires is meant for cab lights, and is already set up in the fuse box, so that it comes on with running lights. And you can just ground it to the top of the roof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.