DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help! I want this look!

9K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  liljohn30 
#1 ·
Ok, I came across this truck on the web and want the same look. I have found out these things about it.
The wheels are 20x12 with -44 offset
Tires are Nitto 420s 305/50/20.

What would I expect to trim? Would you stick to only street tires or would A/T tires tear up the paint to bad? Would the ride be harsh with the smaller tire?
I am not lifting it because it has air suspension as does the one in the pictures.

Any suggestions or help in my decisions would be appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmm I'm no expert but with that wide of a wheel and offset u will likely need wheel spacers to get give you clearance from rubbing the control arm. That guy probably can't even turn his wheels all the way or must of had to do some major trimming of the plastic in the fender. A 4" lift would give you the clearance but seems like you want that lower look. Maybe a 2" level but those rims are really deep. I like the look as well but that's a crazy offset. Might want to go with -24 max. Good luck

#4 ·
I have no first hand experience with Ram truck, but based on fixing my wifes Jeep up you need to spend some time researching rims. I agree that offset sound like a lot, if you can get the stock info you can put it in this website with the different rims and tire combos you are looking at.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Also those tires are going to tear up the paint with rocks, dirt and sand. You need to add some fender flares, or at least look at the 3M Rocker Panel paint protection for chips. 20 x 9 Sport rims throw a ton of crap and mud on the truck sides I had to add husky mud flaps to help, but they are still a bit wider still.

#5 ·
w/o fender flares and tires that wide, you would most defiantly chew up your paint (no mud flaps or flares) where i come from that would also get you pulled over constantly as you would be shooting water/dust/sand at the vehicle behind you from not having flares,

my suggestion to you would be to do a little more research on what your after as "i want mine like his" doesn't help you unless you know more information about "his truck"

this information would be provided to you by any knowledgeable tire sales department, hit up the forums, when your adding bigger rims/tires without adding any sort of lift you cant expect things to preform like stock.

normally bigger tires are accompanied with a lift of some sort, ive seen new Rams that rub w/o even changing tires. can guarantee you that guy cannot crank his wheels completely left or right w/o rubbing as noted above.

#10 ·
I am pretty amazed they fit with just trimming the mudflap myself. I didn't think you could get rim width with that offset without a lift.

#20 ·
Nice looking rig blacksmoke06!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.