DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Squeek in Suspension (bad strutt?)

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  99gp 
#1 ·
I have a squeek in my suspension that I have been trying to get fixed. It sounds like a break sensor when your pads are low. You know that hight pitched squeek that's really anoying?!!!
But it happends any time i hit the slightest bump in the road.

1st trip to the dealer:
-Getting an oil change and I told them about the squeek.
-They changed the oil but were unable to hear the squeek.

2nd trip to the dealer:
-Getting another oil change and had a technician take a ride with me so he could hear the squeek.
-Changed oil but were unable to find the cause of the squeek. They put grease on all joints in hopes that that would fix it.

3rd trip to the dealer:
-Just about the squeek
-They Replaced all of my brake hardware. Even though I told them it was not the brakes.
-Sounded fine leaving the dealer, but the squeek returned 1/4 mile down the road.

4th trip to the dealer:
-Just about the squeek
-I was able to rock the truck back and forth, while it was sitting still, to show them the squeek.
-They replace the front drivers side strutt assembly.
-The squeek in the front is gone!
-Now I have notices a similar squeek in the rear!!!!!

Does anyone else out there have an anoying squeek in there suspension?
Should I have them replace the rear shocks?
Is this common in the 4th gens?

See less See more
#7 ·
I've done a little more research on my truck with this noise, if its parked and I grab the door and push up and down you can hear it in the front, I just can't determine if its my struts or ball joints? It sounds just like a sensor on your brake pads when driving and hitting bumps, but it never gets louder it just gets more consistent on like a bumpy or dirt road, and is very annoying. Can't ride with the windows down anymore! Drives me nuts. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.