DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2nd gen ecu tunung?

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  beginningjockey 
#1 ·
so i was looking at doing a cam swap along with a airgap intake, n2o and other supporting stuff. now i have not found anything other than stand alone options for ecu tuning.

does anyone have any info on re-flashing these ecu's or maybe a custom ecu tuning program i could just get?

i have used other software on other platforms (ecmlink in specific) and i have used stand alone ecu's but i just don't feel its worth it to spend $3000 just to do some simple upgrades.

#2 ·
You can pay someone like Hemifever to tune your truck - you get a tuner that plugs into the OBD2 port. But that doesn't allow you to do the tuning yourself - if that is what you want.

There is no standalone tuning/custom flashing system for these Dodges - yet - HPTuners is working on one, but it is not available for the public yet (still testing).

Your best bet is to pay a place like Hemifever to do a tune for you - its a couple hundred bucks, and he knows what he is doing. He is a sponsor on this site - PM him. http://www.hemifevertuning.com/SCT_p/sct-can.htm

#3 ·
i might just get the mopar ecu. says it works well with the stuff i have planned. and with a standalone (at least what i have dealt with) you buy the box and wire it yourself then tell it what the engine is and go from that, sometimes you can get them pre-loaded with very basic start up maps and such

#4 ·
Mopar performance ECU would be good - however you will always need to run premium fuel. Some guys have had luck using a IAT sensor trick - some haven't. Then you will also need to run the 180* thermostat.

A mopar perf ECU is simply that. there are no different maps available for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.