DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Headers For 2nd Gen rams.

12K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Dukeboy 
#1 ·
Anybody now of a manufacturer that makes a quality, Long tube header for my 99 2500 4WD truck? I looked at the "Y" pipe the other day and geesh, I'm amazed it gets any fuel mileage at all. Must be like 2" pipes or something. Anyway, if not, I have a couple sets of car/truck headers I can cut up I guess and make my own.

#2 ·
Hmmm, I have looked all over and it seems there's nobody that makes a full length header for these 4WD trucks. I have studied the chassis layout and i think there's room for loing tubes. If I get a prototype set made up, I'll be sure to post pics.

#8 · (Edited)
For any who want to see how I did it yesterday, here are a few pics of the short comings of the Pacesetter brand Headers for these trucks. While not a $1000/set they are fairly priced and fit "ok". I think the "Jig" they have set up puts too much bend angle where they come down under truck. Pacesetter claims to install them from UNDER truck. I found it much easier to install from top.

I had to make up a bracket to hold the driver's side off the front driveshaft when on the ground. The pass, side had to be tweaked a little for more clearance at the Servo housing part of trans case. Overall, I'd reccomend them to anyone looking to boost Fuel Economy. Mine did pretty good on MPG (As that's why they were installed).

#10 · (Edited)
Where did you put your primary and secondary O2 sensors? Are you still running a cat? Looks lik it should help that 360 breathe a lot more now.
UPDATE:
Primary O2 Sensor is only reading the pass. side. As long as the pass. side runs clean, no code. No real way to read both banks unless wiring harness is cut into. Screw all that.

WOO HOO!!! Va. has lifted the "No True Dual Exhaust/cats" law. We can now run true duals as long as we are running DUAL CATS.
I will be running DUAL cats. No cats in picture as I haven't gotten them yet. The REAR (Secondary) O2 sensor is only for Uncle Sam/Tree huggers.
(Only tells what the converter cleaned up, and has No ill effects on Air/Fuel ratio). Next to go is the Factory Muffin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.