DODGE RAM FORUM banner

CEL came on the other day

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Whiplash 
#1 ·
So leaving work the other night I get on the highway and get on it a little bit from a stop, get up to speed and let off. Go about another 1/2 mile down the road and my check engine light pops on. The truck only has 4300 miles on it. I also noticed the "ECO" light does not come on and my remote start does not allow the truck the stay running. I'm assuming this is a safety feature due to the CEL. I did stop by O'Reillys and have the codes ran. It came back as a P018C= Fuel Pressure sensor performance/range. I'm hoping it's just a hiccup but I am having it looked at tomorrow morning at the local dealership. Anybody else see anything like this?

#2 ·
this morning i had my low fuel light come on....

i was still at 3/8 a tank and the mtg showed 200+ km til empty

2000km on truck

a low fuel indication will shut down the auto-start

dunno if it's similar but they do both seem a little "ecu" related

#5 ·
just went through the same thing on my sport. 4 trips to the dealer before they fixed the issue, they replaced the gas cap, 3 days later light on, then they replaced the evap vent solenoid good for a week then back for them to replace the fuel tank pressure sensor been good for 3 weeks now

#6 ·
thanx for the insight gents...i've since had my "check gas cap" trip out as well so this is a help :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.