DODGE RAM FORUM banner

vs. 2008 +/- BMW M3

4K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
So yesterday driving on the parkway I happened to be at a light next to some rich kid with 2 cute girls in a BMW M3.
When the light went green I flexed on him a little bit and as luck would have it the next light about 250 yards down the road went yellow.

As we are both sitting at the red light I notice he is beginning to roll a little in anticipation of the light changing to green. When it does we hit it and all 3 of them look my way so I know it's on!

I have the 5.7L with 3.92 rear end and when I hit it I got a burst that left him behind immediatly. While I was pulling away I looked left and saw him mouth "WOW!" lol!

I reached out the drivers side window and pointed to the custom badges on the side of my door that read "345 HEMI"

My wife says I'm childish... but man was that fun!

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, I have to call driver idiocy on the M3s part, that car will smoke our trucks with even a moderately good driver as the power to weight ratio is WAY too far in their favor. Only some major engine mods would put our bricks in the same category with someone who knows how to handle an M3.

#5 ·
lol awesome kill!! :rep: keep it safe now!

#8 ·
I'd have to go with the big girl theory

#9 ·
2008 M3

Torque: 295 ft-lbs. @ 3900 rpm
Horsepower: 414 hp @ 8300 rpm

2011 Ram 1500

Torque: 407 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm
Horsepower: 390 hp @ 5600 rpm

And that is with the 3.55 gearing, I have the 3.92 with LSD.

I'm pretty sure the M3 isn't getting near 8K RPMs in a short 0-60 race off the line.

You guys don't give our trucks enough credit, Coming off the line they have alot of jump. I pin people in the seat with my gas pedal!

Probably wouldn't be able to hang in a quarter mile but I really like shocking people when it takes off like a rocket!

#10 ·
You are also forgeting that your truck weighs 5,900lbs and you lose almost 70-80 hp/trq from that number when you put it to the wheels. The power to weight ratio is abysmal when you compare it to the M3's with a curb weight of 3,200lbs and a more efficient drive train that loses only ~40hp and 45ft-lb. You may launch off the line quicker with the 3.92s, but it will kill you in anything more than an 1/8th mile. As a drag racer I know the strengths and limitations of these trucks more than the average owner.

#11 ·
nice kill

i would go with the kid didnt know how to drive theory ,.. or maybe a combination with the fat girlfriends,.. hahahaha

but what ever the number says, any 2004+ bmw M3 goes from 0-60 in less than 5 seconds,...
even if the max hp is a 8000rpm the 0-60 time is still under 5 second and quarter mile in the 12s, .. even with the sedan version

#13 ·
Who cares about specs dude beat a car anyday a truck beats a car,especially a pricier car that some overpayed pussy drives, its a damn good day i say good win put him in his place. GOOD FIGHT SIR

#14 ·
Off the line I'm almost positive we got the win, these trucks have ALOT of ass and I think shine from any other truck off the line

#15 ·
I raced a new M3 up hill from a rolling start. The M3 was reving so high I could hear it over my magnaflow exhaust. He stayed beside me (Wife told me to floor it, but I already had it floored :( )until he turned off, not sure if he had it floored or not. But he looked over & smiled before he turning off.

#22 · (Edited)
i have to appologise,.. at first i doubt about that race,,

but last night was going to see a girl,.. and on a big highway there was a 2008+- bmw m3 that past me really fast so i decided to go see and play a little bit just to see what are trucks are capable to do ,..

so he was stuck behind a car in the left lane so i catch him and when the car went in right lane he step on it and i did the same,..

i was tailling him end had to let go the gas pedal a little bit at some point,.. so that was from around 100km/h (64mph) to about 190km/h (about 120mph) so we slow down to 100km/h the guy wave at me with a hudge smile,.. but this time were side by side and decide to floor it again up to 200km/h (120 mph) and i was a few truck lenght in front of him,..

my truck has the 3.92 gears, diablo with 93 octane tune and a few other mods,..

so wow, i really didnt expect that,.. so once again sorry for doubting

#25 ·
i have to appologise,.. at first i doubt about that race,,

but last night was going to see a girl,.. and on a big highway there was a 2008+- bmw m3 that past me really fast so i decided to go see and play a little bit just to see what are trucks are capable to do ,..

so he was stuck behind a car in the left lane so i catch him and when the car went in right lane he step on it and i did the same,..

i was tailling him end had to let go the gas pedal a little bit at some point,.. so that was from around 100km/h (64mph) to about 190kmh (about 120mph) so we slow down to 100km/h the guy wave at me with a hudge smile,.. but this time were side by side and decide to floor it again up to 200kmh (120 mph) and i was a few truck lenght in front of him,..

my truck has the 3.92 gears, diablo with 93 octane tune and a few other mods,..

so wow, i really didnt expect that,.. so once again sorry doubting
Great kill and share of info!
I wish I got the 3.92
This is my first truck and new nothing about trucks till buying mine 4 months ago. The dealer said the 3.92 would consume more gas so I opted not to grab it.
Since grabbing it and reading up on the 3.92, I wish i didnt listen or joined this boards sooner.
There is always my next truck :smileup:

#23 ·
these trucks shine in top end i think and 120? did you remove your limiter?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.