DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bull bar for a sport?

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  CTYHNTR 
#1 ·
I just picked up my new 1500 Ram yesterday and am ready to install a few accessories on it.
First thing is a Bull/push bar. I have the Sport truck and as you all know the bumper is different than the other ram trucks and from what I have been reading there might not be one out there to fit the sport bumper. Is that true?
I've run across a place that sells Steelcraft and they say it's for the sport. I wonder if that is a typo or they "think" since it fits one RAM 1500 it fits them all?
Does anyone have one on a sport if so which one?

G
#2 ·
Congrats on the new truck!

A few 2011 Sport owners here have posed the same question. Are you going to use it for just lights or just looks?

I'd check out the Steelcraft unit a bit more, maybe even call them to ask a few questions. Heck, I'd even e-mail them a pic or two of my truck so they could see what you are talking about.

I got a NFAB light bar for my 2007. They offer a light bar for your year truck but there's no info on whether or not it will work with a Sport.

Good luck!

#3 ·
I have seen a 2011 sport with a bull bar. Now I have seen it a couple of times parked never checked it out in detail. But im assuming it fits fine unless he some how modified it to fit. So I would say it would fit if it says it will fit a sport buy try it worse case it doesnt and you return for the false information.

#4 ·
It will be used just for looks. I'll probably call them and order it soon.
I know it can be returned if it doesn't fit/work. But I just hate to have to deal with it if anyone knows that it won't work.

#6 ·
I have seen the Westin Bull bars on Sports but I've never had the chance to see one up close to see how it mounts. IMO Westin is the way to go.

#7 ·
My wife ordered one for me from an on-line company and they actually called to confirm that it is NOT a Laramie. They said the one we ordered will fit all Rams except the Laramie.
I'll post an update once I receive and install it.

#9 ·
Been pretty busy lately with vacation and all but I got the bull bar and installed it without a problem. Looks good wanted to post a pic but just haven't got to it.

#10 ·
cant wait to see the installed pic bud!!

#14 ·
Finally looked at my neighbors Laramie and with out taking the splash panel off from under the bumper it's hard to see why it wouldn't work. The splash panel is different than what is on my sport but it's plastic and mine had to be cut anyway. My only guess would be that if the Laramie's bumper is lower to the ground it wouldn't allow enough clearance for the brackets for the Bull Bar. Never thought to measure the bumper height. If I can think of it I might do that some time just to see if that is the issue.

#15 ·
Looks good! I was actually just thinking of a way to mount lights on my truck since I would prefer more light driving at night than the head and fog lights provide on certain roads

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.