DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2010 Ram 1500- Tilting Mirror in Reverse issue

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ram4Life 
#1 ·
Hey ya'll,
Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I've got a new 2010 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 that had originally the chrome mirrors. I bought aftermarket black mirrors and sold my chrome ones. The aftermarket are supposdly a direct replacement and have the puddle lights/turn signals built in. But when I go in reverse, my mirrors do not auto-tilt down anymore to help me see the curb. My EVIC says the option is turned on and I've toggled it on/off with no change. I called RockAuto- the company I bought the mirrors from and they said they didnt know how to activate it. The dealership wont help because its aftermarket. I would assume its just a command to tell the mirrors to turn downward as they have a motor in them but I dont know. Anyone know how to get the mirrors to tilt down????

#3 ·
The RockAuto part number is CH1320304 and CH1321304. The manufacturer is listed as Various MFR which I was told was just a general code for they dont know really who is manufactured by. The box though I believe is TPZ? It was the only website that offered that style that was decently priced. The OEM versions were running near $400 each. It looks dead on in the type and style and has the heated option, lighting options and motor control... just no reverse auto-tilt. Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.