DODGE RAM FORUM banner

suing carson city dodge

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  90459 
#1 ·
so as some of you might know the trouble they caused me with the transmission and everything else. those of you who know that also know that they ruined my paint leaving it looking like they washed it with steel wool... i never told them to wash it in fact i had no idea they did until i picked it up. well since i picked it up i got a quote for $533 to buff it by a highly referred mobile detailer here in northern nevada. i then got a quote from a body shop for $1078.08 to color sand and buff the entire truck. Throughout it all though ive kept in contact with carson city dodge to get them to pay for the repairs to be done. Today i had a meeting with the general manager. When he looked at my truck he refused to do any work to it or pay me for anything saying that these scratches are old... They are not old his incompetent detailer just doesnt know how to wash a car... him and i went round and round so on monday im going to the court house and suing them in small claims for repairs and punitive damages. At this point i really dont have anything to lose and now its more so about principal. If i dont get anything out of it i will at least get the satisfaction of making them stress at the thought of having to go to court. On the other hand if they do pay me out im using every dime to hire some kid to hold a sign outside of the dealership that just says Carson city dodge is a scam! or something to that affect.

there is a lot more as to what was said and how they handled all of this but im pretty long winded and id need pages to explain everything. in a nut shell though the facts are they scratched the hell out of my paint and the service manager and the general manager are both saying that the scratches were there before and they wash vipers that have never came out like this... luckily every time ive detailed my truck i took pictures because like all of you i take pride in my truck and am proud when she shines. so with that said i at least have proof that they messed up my truck. wish me luck.

soon as the body shop emails me the pics ill show you guys some before and after pics.

See less See more
#5 ·
@grubrunner: no im just going to take it to small claims which would only cost me a filing fee.

#6 ·
Good luck.

Just have your ordeal documented as much as possible as it'll work to your advantage.

#7 ·
Thank you. At this point like i said its more about the principal of it all. I mean i have been driving my truck around for about 2 weeks now with it looking like im some idiot who doesnt know how to wash a car... It sucks because thats totally not me. And then to be told to basically go F my self and that i did the damages was not only insulting but terrible management. They should be held responsible. For now though im taking care of the scratches my self. I had most of the supplies but i still needed quite a few things and ended up costing me 60$ in car care products. So far i used clay bar on it then i used meguires ultimate compound, went over it twice with meguires professional swirl remover 2.0, now im about to use meguires pro glaze #7, and then ill be topping it off with meguires pro hi-tech yellow wax #26. so far ive got most of the scratches out but i dont think i can remove them all which really sucks. i spent 3 hr on it yesterday clay bar and rubbing compound and today ive been buffing it since 8am and i still got the glaze and the wax. not to mention removing residue from all my plastic parts. ill post pics of before and after once i get the pics from my insurance company.

Reactions: Grubrunner
#9 ·
Well at this point every one at the dealership has seen it my insurance company has seen it a body shop has seen it and i have a ton of pics so i think ill be fine unless the judge wants to see it haha. The fact of the matter is they damaged it and i had to fix their problem and hell im still not done. after spending 3 hours yesterday and 9 hours today i figured id just finish it tomorrow. all i have left to do is wax it and clean all the plastics that have residue on them.

#10 ·
If anything i can tell the court that i paid a mobile detailer $600 to do the work and i paid the guy cash. They couldnt prove otherwise if it came down to it. Im not trying to screw any one i just feel like i was taken advantage of and was bent over a barrel. No one should be treated how i was ever especially from a company that represents a global company. Regardless if all it took to fix it was a little elbow grease its how they handled it which is what im most upset about.

#12 ·
i agree with pull ya....be up front and honest...no embellishment.

ive also read a few of your posts on other detailing forums about trying to fix the issues on your own....they will likely say that you have caused all the problems.

hopefully you addressed the swirls at the dealership immediately when you picked up the truck...if not, im afraid it will be an uphill battle.

#11 ·
One suggestion----don't ever, ever, say anything in court that is not true. Once you take the oath to tell the truth you need to be truthful. I know your pissed, as any of us would be, but it is not worth the problems you can cause yourself by not telling the truth. IMHO
Jay

#15 ·
I was in a lawsuit awhile back regarding personal injuries from a wreck. It dragged on quite awhile before we settled. During that time, my lawyer advised me NOT to discuss anything online (forums, Facebook, etc). It's too easy for people to track and use against you.

In my case, even posting things like going to the lake for the weekend caused my lawyer to worry since I had injuries and they didn't want opposing council to see that and think I was magically healed. We had some choice words over the ordeal, but the lawyer made his point that it's not what actually happens but how someone can perceive it happened.

Be careful, and good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.