DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone change dash/door speakers yet?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bmbaker51 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to order upgraded speakers for my 2010 Crew Cab.
Just wanted to see if there are any "Suprises" that I should be aware of when removing the old & installing the new speakers.

According to Crutchfield all of the 10 Ram speakers are 6 1/2". Is this correct?

Thanks.................:smileup:

#2 ·
Doors are 6x9 and dash are 3.5's. The 6x9's I chose fit, but they are SNUG with the panel, depth was no problem. 3.5's have little/no slack in the factory wire (if you use it), you really need an extra arm to make it easy. I ordered the factory plug adapter and it did not fit, they sent me the ones for the doors. If you get the correct adapter you would have plenty of room.

Tony

#7 ·
I did Boston Acoustic 6x9 in all four doors, boston amp under the drivers seat and a boston sub under the passenger's side back seat. Most Boston speakers are very shallow so they fit in the door very easily but they still give tremendous clarity.

The sub was added just for a little extra kick but i never have it more than half way up. I had a custom box built for under the seat to house the sub and sprayed it with rhino liner. No rattles or anything in the truck which i was pleased with. But everything sounds much more....musical? i guess would be the word choice? the stock speakers would kind of mush everything together. The ones i put in are great and you can actually hear just about everything going on in the song. Would def. recommend similar setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.