DODGE RAM FORUM banner

hypertech vs superchips

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  RansRAM 
#1 ·
i have a hypertech now is it worth it to swap to superchips

G
#6 ·
I've run prior generations of Hypertechs and Superchips programmers. They did OK and I realize when I had them the technology had only gone so far.

The Predator (and probably today's Hypertech and Superchips units) are much more advanced. The programming options are nice to have for fine tuning engine performance. And, if you want a special, balls out, tune in addition to an everyday tune based on the canned program; the Predator will hold 5 tunes including your stock one.

I have the Predator 91 octane standard tune on my Ram, a 91 CAI octane tune with a CMR tune (custom, on the dyno, tune) on my SRT and I couldn't be happier.

Click on my "Ram Mods" link below and go to page 2. You'll see my before and after Predator install dyno curves.

G
#8 ·
I have heard the SuperChips trans tuning is a bit more refined than the DSP. But, if you know how to use your Tow/Haul mode, it's all good with a DSP. It does raise line pressure a bit and basically removes the slow, slipping shifts even at low RPM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.