DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Sirius service sucks.

3K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  moe3754 
#1 ·
Just went through 4 hours of crap trying get my new subscription to load to my radio. My free trial ended today, so I initially tried their website to renew. What a joke. Answered all of their security questions, only to be told they weren't right, and that my VALID e-mail address was NOT valid! "Screw this" I thought. I'll call them. Went through 3 different reps who didn't know crap. Was told by the second one all is good, just turn the truck on and tune to 184 and should only take 10 minutes max. An hour later, (now 9:30 at night) I'm running out to my truck every 15 min. to see if it worked. NOPE! Now my wife calls again- (I'm too pissed) and got a fairly knowledgeable man who finally walked her through all of the steps to get it to work. Turns out the first two A-holes had no idea of the steps it took to get it to work. Anyway, I do like the sirius radio, HATE the customer service. :smiledown:

#3 ·
Yup I agree.. Sirius customer service is non existent! I called them the other day to cancel the subscription on the wife's Challenger.

I told them that I no longer owned the vehicle, and that I wished to cancel the service for this very reason. I was transferred to three separate people who all tried to convince me that I needed to keep my service, as it was such a great deal.

I finally got pissed, and practically yelled that NO I did not wish to keep mys service, and that I was calling to cancel. There was NOTHING else they could help me with, and further I wished to remove any and all reference to this radio from my account.

I eventually got the service canceled, and the remaining $80 credited to my account. I could deal with that, as I had already paid, and didn't really expect a refund.

I slammed them on the customer satisfaction survey that I received a day or two later.

Exco

#4 ·
Didn't renew mine. I miss Ozzy's Boneyard but still not worth the renewal.

#5 ·
I like Ozzy's boneyard and Hairnation. So when you renewed what kind of deal did you get? I pay $8 a month for Netflix which I can watch on my phone, my wifes ipad , and any computer that has wifi, the PS3 and the blueray player in the front room. I refuse to pay for audio only for something I only use in my truck. $5 a month and I'd be a subscriber for life.....otherwise....nahhh.

#7 ·
For now, just doing a monthly @ $9.99. Never read of anyone getting that price, nor was it mentioned in any of their nomenclature. Seems like these guys just spit out ANY price to keep you. Like I said, I like having it, but dealing with them sucks. I think I will take above advice and call to cancel before this month is up & try to get a better deal. Funny, I hardly had to negotiate at all when I bought my truck, but now I am playing wheel and deal with a friggin' radio provider!:doh:

#18 ·
I like SiriusXM, but I agree, their customer service is beyond bad. It's probably the worst of any company I've ever dealt with.

Cannot be any worse than the Tracker Marine Manager in Phoenix. I called to arrange to have my new boat receive it's 20 hour maintenance and to get the battery charger replaced (it failed day 3). After about 40 min of hearing "We cannot guarantee" work on Friday as we do not schedule nowaiters (I still dont know) but I did learn on Friday and Saturday they have the most technicians at work than any other days of the week.

*SHRUG*:4-dontknow:

#11 ·
It is too bad Sirius has such bad customer service. They better figure it out, consistant poor customer service has a way of sinking companies. I am still on my free trial and not sure if I will renew or not, but if I do, I will follow the advice given here to cancel and work a better deal.

#13 ·
I never had problems with them up until I went to switch my service over to my Ram. I spent over an hour on the phone because the idiot said my credit card wasnt valid, and had expired 3 years ago. I told them, well thats funny, Ive updated it with you guys twice since then, and Im current with my billing. Duh. On top of that they couldnt figure out which other radio to remove, even though I gave them the ID of the radio to keep turned on (only 2 active). Again, duh.

The only customer service Ive delt with worse than them is Dell.

#14 · (Edited)
I think it sounds like crap but I have renewed on and off for the $25 for 6 months. I have the 730n (30 gig) FM and iPod in my Challenger so it really is kinda dumb to waste my money on it. My used Ram I just bought came with a 3 month trial but again, it sounds like crap. No issues with customer service but i'm sure that is all about who you get.

#15 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Like I said, I agreed to $9.99 for ONE month which was to expire on 6/10. Well, still had the service as of 8/10 on which it went off-line. Just got a bill from them this afternoon for 23.98. (??) My wife just got off the phone with them. After laughing in their face, and producing the name of the rep, date and time of call, and an audio recording of the 1 month agreement (Yeah she's a keeper!) they "graciously" agreed to waive the $23.98. Then attempted to name a regular yearly price for the service. Wife mentioned the 6 months for $25 letter we had received, and they said since we were "delinquent in payment" that we did not qualify at "this time"! WRONG! My beautiful Sicilian wife can sling it with best of them in a seedy bar if need be. I don't think this guy will even be able to sleep tonight, LOL! Long story, I know.... But F*CK these clowns!!

#20 ·
Sirius

Like many of you who chose not to renew, I keep getting offers in the mail for $25 a month for a 6 month period. But watch out,...by accepting, it can be like a marriage you can't get out of. I've researched the internet for complaints against Sirius and there are literally thousands of them.
Once Sirius has your credit card or bank account number, they've got you. For any of you who do renew for the first time, I recommend that you do so with a money order only, and even that can be risky.
Here is what many of the complaintants had to say: It's very difficult to cancel service and the charges just keep coming, doesn't matter that you no longer still own the vehicle with the original radio, you will be charged for it's service anyway. If Sirius does not receive payment for your 2nd renewal period, you may very well get a bad credit report sent to the 3 credit agencies. By this, I mean that should you use a money order, change banks or don't give them your new credit card expiration date in an attempt to stop the charges, your credit score could be damaged. This would seem to me to be much more than just poor customer service, it's a downright malicious business practice. Continuing to charge after requesting cancellation is, in my opinion, akin to theft.
For the record, I personally have not experienced any of the above troubles since I never renewed after my free year expired. The complaints I mentioned here were what I read on the internet. While I cannot verify their validity, it just seems only logical to me that there must be a great deal of truth to them, otherwise there would not be such an extreme number of complaints posted. As my only interest was oldies music listening, I am easily able to duplicate Sirius' service with both FM radio and mp3. In closing, if you like Sirius and have no complaints, then great for you both. If in doubt or undecided about renewing, then research the complaints for yourself and make a more informed decision.

#22 ·
Like many of you who chose not to renew, I keep getting offers in the mail for $25 a month for a 6 month period. But watch out,...by accepting, it can be like a marriage you can't get out of. I've researched the internet for complaints against Sirius and there are literally thousands of them.
Once Sirius has your credit card or bank account number, they've got you. For any of you who do renew for the first time, I recommend that you do so with a money order only, and even that can be risky.
Here is what many of the complaintants had to say: It's very difficult to cancel service and the charges just keep coming, doesn't matter that you no longer still own the vehicle with the original radio, you will be charged for it's service anyway. If Sirius does not receive payment for your 2nd renewal period, you may very well get a bad credit report sent to the 3 credit agencies. By this, I mean that should you use a money order, change banks or don't give them your new credit card expiration date in an attempt to stop the charges, your credit score could be damaged. This would seem to me to be much more than just poor customer service, it's a downright malicious business practice. Continuing to charge after requesting cancellation is, in my opinion, akin to theft.
For the record, I personally have not experienced any of the above troubles since I never renewed after my free year expired. The complaints I mentioned here were what I read on the internet. While I cannot verify their validity, it just seems only logical to me that there must be a great deal of truth to them, otherwise there would not be such an extreme number of complaints posted. As my only interest was oldies music listening, I am easily able to duplicate Sirius' service with both FM radio and mp3. In closing, if you like Sirius and have no complaints, then great for you both. If in doubt or undecided about renewing, then research the complaints for yourself and make a more informed decision.
They do automatic renewals if they have your credit card info. They do the "implied consent" that you want it renewed, because you haven't called to cancel. I have called to cancel prior to my renewal date, told them as of my subscription expiry, I do not want it renewed. They transfered me to the cancellation department, cancelled, and did not have any issues (this was after having Sirius for a few years, and not with a factory stereo. I had the separate receiver). I kept monitoring my credit card and had no issues with additional charges after I cancelled. I did however, about a year later, get a great subscription offer in the mail. Which is why I'm back to having Sirius. If you make it clear to them that you do not want the subscription, and that they do not have permissing to charge your credit card, you shouldn't have a problem.

#21 ·
Error in my message below

I meant to say that the charge for Sirius renewal service was $25 for the whole first six months (not per month.) After the six months are up, the price reverts to their normal charge unless you can negotiate otherwise.
Please excuse my error below.

#23 ·
Sirius sent me a letter stating that my service would automatically renew (and I remembered agreeing to have my account setup for automatic renewal).

What I was floored by was the next year being a whopping $168/year as opposed to what the initial $97/year was. I simply said I have to cancel as there's no way I'm comfortable with a $70 increase for the same channels when I only listen to maybe 10 of them.

After politely insisting on canceling I got it renewed for $97 again. It's all about knowing the correct way to ask for what you want.

#24 ·
Sirius

Sirius sent me a letter stating that my service would automatically renew (and I remembered agreeing to have my account setup for automatic renewal).

What I was floored by was the next year being a whopping $168/year as opposed to what the initial $97/year was. I simply said I have to cancel as there's no way I'm comfortable with a $70 increase for the same channels when I only listen to maybe 10 of them.

After politely insisting on canceling I got it renewed for $97 again. It's all about knowing the correct way to ask for what you want.
After I didn't respond to Sirius' mailings for renewal, I got a telephone call asking me why not. After explaining that I only listened to about 3 or 4 of the channels and was only in my truck for fewer than 5K miles per year, the rep offered me a half price quote to renew. While I still had no intention of renewing anyway, I couldn't stop myself from asking him why there were so many complaints posted on the net regarding poor customer service and difficulty with cancellation. His reply was that he'd never heard of such things and had no knowledge of any complaints. I just thanked him for the revised quote and said that if I changed my mind, I'd call back.

#26 ·
Sirius

No, these Sirius guys are pretty greasy and have heard it all before.
Afterwards, he did tell me that his half price quote was a one time opportunity for me to get back in and was contingent upon my giving him a credit card number on the spot. I still get mailings for the $25 dollar six month deal, and now generously offering to waive their customary "reactivation" charge.

#31 ·
I spent two hours doing three live "chats" and finally a phone call to a real person to transfer and activate the signal on my recently purchased 2007 Ram.
Now I'm having problems programming the various channels. The owner manual is not very helpful.
Can anyone direct me to a site that can walk me through the programming routine?
Thanks,
Larry

#33 ·
My sirius trial ran out about 8 months ago and then my cd function stopped working and was only down to AM/FM...what a horror! I ended up getting a fm transmitter for my ipod and have been happy ever since. I listen to music, podcasts and audiobooks with great reception :)

#34 ·
I have a free year on my Truck when I called to switch it to my account (I have another Sat radio) I was able to get a year for $86 that will automatically activate when my free trial is up. I dont have to pay until sept. 2014 they will bill me no credit card given. Ive had siriusXM for about 5 years and never paid full price.

#35 ·
That's the way to do it. And, then call a few days before your annual subscription is up and tell them you want the same price for another year or you are going to cancel. Eventually, they will give it to you. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#36 ·
I have had a lifetime subscription for around five years and have moved it to every new truck that I have had just like I will with my 2013 they charge $75.00 for doing it but that is nothing since it is the only charge I get from them at all. Since they have merged with that crap XM the signal and audio is not as good but it is better than regular FM especially when you have a fifth wheel and go all over. As for customer support it sucks because they are not in the USA and read from scripts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.