DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Project

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  jrcin2430 
#1 ·
Just picked up my first Ram today. It will need a little TLC to be beautiful again but will be well worth it in the end. If anyone has any parts or ideas that would be helpful will be appreciated. I will keep you guys updated as my project continues.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well that looks like a good project truck! I think you should look at one of those nice 3/16" steel bumpers. Take a look at winchready.com or alien-patrol.com ironbullbumpers.com. That will set off the front end!

#7 ·
Heres some other pics. The hit missed the air bag sensors. The radiator has no damage what so ever luckily. The frame should be good the metal behind the bumper doesnt look to bad nothing serious hopefully. I dont have a high buget I can spend so ill see the mess I have when I get a chance to start working on it.

Attachments

#10 ·
Hows the title on it after that? And man, I bet you got a good deal on that. The interior is perfect looking and the front just needs some TLC, that's it.

#12 ·
I used to say "i can't beleve the bags didn't deploy" all the time when I had a car with bent frame rails and a totaly crushed front end come through the shop but the more bent metal I see I have come to a cunclusion that the situation has to be absolutly perfect for airbags to deploy. Right now at the shop I have a STI subaru that the rad was pushed back 3 inches, both frame rails bent to the point that we had to remove the engine to even attempt to pull it all stright. but there I ramble............. Great truck to start with though

#15 ·
Thanks for all the input so far guys. Im a college student and dont have alot of money so im trying to find used parts. I have contacted some parts yard so far with no luck on finding anything. Does anyone know a good place to look for used parts. Would love to put an SRT-10 hood on it but its probaly impossible to find a cheap used one. The truck does have a R title but im fine with that. The deal was to good to pass up. :smileup:

#16 ·
check out car-part.com. It an online listing of salvage yards around the country. Not all are listed but most are. Also remember that some do ship so you can search more than your local area. That's how I find most of my parts. or ebay. let me see if I can find the seller i get things through

Edit: found it - pershingautobodyparts03 I have gotten some grills and bumpers from them fairly cheap, and they are new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.