DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ready to order wheels! But need offset help

831 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  oldbluehairhemi 
#1 ·
Back when the economy took a dump I lost my company vehicle. Times have been really good the last 2 years so I got a company ride again! So I'm ready to Order a set of rims for it, but the whole offset things boggles me. I read the charts and still not sure what I need. Truck is a 2012 2500, came from the factory with 33x11.5x17 BFG all terrains. I pulled the stock fender flares and added a set of bush whacker pocket flares which stick out a little farther than the stock ones. I'm looking to but a set of 17x8 ballistic wheels with 35x12.5 but not sure if i need the +12 -12 or 0 offset. I want them to fit like the stock ones do, I don't want them to stick out past the flares.... I thought a + offset sucks the tire in more but with a wider rim and wider tire I don't know... Any help would help!! Thanks......

#3 ·
Well I believe your stock wheels are 17x8 with a 0 offset.
So the aftermarket 17x8 w/a 0 offset will fit the same. The two other wheels will stick out 1/2 further or suck in 1/2..The tires will hang 1/2 more over the wheel width on each side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.