DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Headlights and Taillights

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bighemi04 
#1 ·
Thinking of changing to Projection HID headlights and Taillights. Anyone have any recommendations? 2013 Dodge ram 1500 Laramie...

#2 ·
I am confused. You have a Laramie correct?

You should have at least the Bi-Halogen projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.

If you are wanting to upgrade your headlight bulbs to HID there are many options for you to do so.

#5 ·
Ok, now we're on the same page. There's nothing available for the projectors in the aftermarket yet that replaces the entire housing, however, there is a guy who opens the oem housings, paints them whatever color you want, can upgrade the projectors as well, then seals them back up. His name is JJ with retroshop .us and he does good work. Both Arth and I have dealt with him in the recent past and he's a good guy.

#6 ·
I agree. I am currently getting an order filled through JJ to get the projector inside these 2013 headlights upgraded. I will create a thread with my review after I get them back.

Currently, as said above, that is the only way to "upgrade" your headlight unless you want to just add some HID's.

He does some great work and I recommend you check out his site.

#8 ·
If you just want your existing headlights painted black, pull'em apart and paint them! It's not a LOT of work, but it is tricky.
An oven, a baking sheet, an old towel and a couple of flat blade screwdrivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.