DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Question on wind deflectors?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  pall2509 
#1 ·
I have added a color matching hood bug deflector on my new 2011 Laramie, and am considering side window wind deflectors. However, I had them on my previous truck, a F150 Ford and it seemed they made the wind noise worse.

Does anyone have them on their Dodge 1500 and can you tell if the wind noise is worse, less or the same? The Mopar estore says they "reduce wind noise", but I find this hard to believe! I am noticing very little wind noise without them, only at times when it is very windy and the wind is blowing at certain angles.

#2 ·
I put the WeatherTech deflectors on mine and have had no issues.

#3 ·
Same here Weather Tech in channels, no extra noise, work and look great.

#5 ·
I have the putco smoked in channel ones and they work great with no wind noise at all and I put a ton of miles on and usually between 70-85 mph. they are awesome. Defineately go with the in channel type and not the stick on the outside type that I see flapping in the wind all the time.
Where did you get the deep cherry red hood deflector?

#8 ·
I just installed the mopar stick on vent guards. I bought them off eBay new some guy has a crap load of them in stock. He is selling them for 50 dollars shipped BTW I have a crew cab. The noise Isnt any different. I think the mopar stick on vent guards look awsome. I removed the pillar blackout tape first. Man I love the look. wish I could load a pic from my iPad but it will not let me. This guy has 2 left. I bought mine from him. http://www.ebay.com/itm/320752027268?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_689
They were in a factory box with the right part numbers. I had them in 2 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.