DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Do I really need adjustable shocks?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  gonefishin776 
#1 ·
So I've got about 160k on my 04 1500,and thought it would be a good time to replace my shocks. I've put 25k on the truck and don't know/think that they've ever been changed. I wanted to go with the rancho shocks unless anyone has a better suggestion on here, I'm just don't sure if its worth it to go with the rs9000 adjustable when they are twice the price of the rs5000. My ride height is stock other than leveling the front end by cranking the torsion bars. I maybe drive off road once a month if at all. TIA for your input guys!

#2 ·
do the levelin shocks even work on your truck? I haven't heard of anyone putting them on 02-05 rams with torsion bars up front... could be mistaken tho

#3 ·
the "adjustability" of the shocks was for firmness, not ride height. I went with the standard ones anyway, no stores had the RS9000 in stock. Now I just need to find new hardware for the rear shocks, the original bolts are rusted to the point that they need to be cut off.

#4 ·
oooohh okay okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

I had to replace my LCA/strut bolt on my truck for the front. I use grade 8 bolts from home depot. Seems to be holding up just fine and dandy. Even with some abuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.