DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Outdoorsman no fender flares

5K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 ·
The fender flares on my outdoorsman were lifting so took them off. Was planning on fixing them and putting them back on but kind of like the look of them removed and don like the moisture and dirt that sits behind them.

See less See more
#4 ·
I just looked through your pics and I gotta say I like it better with the fender flairs, but remember I'm a laramie guy so I like the look of them, esp. in the silver color on your truck.. I think it looks sportier without them, classier withthem... But its all a matter of your opinion... not mine...

#7 ·
Haven't made my mind up what I like better but plan on keeping the truck so like having them off just for the sake of keeping moisture and salt from sitting behind them. The tape from my fenders had seperated from the body in quite a few places the worst fender basically fell off when I took the screws out.

#5 ·
That really looks sharp.

#17 ·
I agree gives it an old school look. I have decided to leave them off more so for the amount of dirt that was behind them in only a year and half. Honestly like it both ways they will likely make their way back on the truck once its paid off and lifted. I think I'll be more partial to the fender off look once I get my duratracs back on for winter think it will give it a beefier look with less wheel coverage and a meatier tire.

#19 ·
+1 for the flares. Looks unfinished and cheaper without them. And this coming from a Sport owner..

#27 ·
I'm a mechanic for something as small as that I'd rather do it myself if they do go back on they won't be falling off again. They made enough of a mess of my paint prepping for delivery hate to see what they would do with my fenders.
I can relate to that bigtime. What are they held on with? Can't be that hard to fix..

#29 ·
In that case, seems an easy decision. Have you added rust protection to the truck?

#32 ·
Oh yeah, I use Fluid Film on the suspension. Love that stuff.

#33 ·
I'm not really a fan of the flares, but wow! That truck looks awesome without them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.