DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Replacing all doors and dash speaker

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tn6478 
#1 ·
I have the 10 speaker alpine system. Has anyone replace all 4 door 6x9 with another brand and 3 3 1/2 dash speaker with another brand and notice a difference in sound quality and bass. Input is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
What I have learned can save you some money. In the past whenever I have installed a system in my car/truck I never put new speakers in the rear doors. I have always installed only the front door and dash speakers. If you want to you can buy 2 sets of components and you should be fine. That will be 2 mids and 2 tweeters. When you are sitting up front you will hear the majority of the sound coming from the fronts. If you put some more power to the stock speakers and get rid of the bass they will sound great.

If you were not planning on getting a subwoofer maybe you could. If you get a cheap and small sub to cancel out all the bass from the speakers it will make them sound awesome. The money you save from not doing the rears you can put towards a small sub that can fit under the rear seats. Getting a sub really frees up the speakers and allows them to go louder without distorting. You dont have to go with a loud sub just one to cancel the bass from the speakers.

If you want to get some serious sound quality look at getting some Focal speakers.

#3 ·
Unless you bypass your factory amp, or at least try to control the frequencies, simply replacing speakers will not give you satisfying results.

G
#5 ·
Yup ^^^^ Yup ^^^^ Yup

One thing to remember is the ohm rating of the stock amp. Try to match that otherwise you won't like what you hear.

I like the Infinity Reference or Kappa series speakers. Great bang for the buck. And if you have a center channel speaker, get rid of it to achieve that true separation you can balance in your front soundstage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.