DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Gonefishin776's Build Thread

22K views 298 replies 18 participants last post by  gonefishin776 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm going to start a build thread to keep track of everything. Although it isn't much at this point. Things will start to fall into place moving into the spring hopefully. So here goes nothin! (it isn't necessarily in the correct order at first since I'm just starting it now. But from here on out it will be.)

Here she is still sitting on the lot at the dealership. Yes, that is my mother in the shot.

See less See more
Reactions: BlackHemI
#219 ·
new steps look good! the black looks alot better than the chrome ones

#220 ·
thanks man!!!!!!

#221 ·
Adding pics to build thread: new headlight housings and grille

Reactions: Asur
#224 ·
Nice! That grille definitely looks better than the vertical one.
Thanks, I agree. I think I'm gonna get the deflector for it. I feel like it's missin somethin without it. What do ya think?

#226 ·
Andrew, it's a whole new grille. It's primer black to paint if need be. Tossing around the idea of getting it color matched one day. But ya...$109 from 1aauto

#229 ·
Just looked over your build thread and love what you've done with your ram! If you don't mind me askin, where did you get your headlights and how much? I assume they're factory specs and fit direct? I've been wanting to get some like that for my truck in an attempt to black it out. Great looking ram, and some calendar worthy photos!

#230 ·
I got them on eBay actually. I THINK they are spec d. they came in a package deal with the first verticals grille all for $194. they fit perfect and re use the factory bulbs. just a black housing instead of chrome.

thanks for taking the time to look over the thread :)

#240 ·
honestly man I have no idea about the size piping. I guess I can get under there and measure for ya. it'd be good for me to know as well. I just told my guy to hook me up with somethin and dropped it off. when I get the chance ill look then text ya

#241 ·
:str:

It's no big deal, I was just curious for sound purposes. The main thing is the tips because I was thinking of gettin between 5" to 8" tips angled.

#248 ·
It's fine, I don't mind.

basically plasti-dip is a rubberized spray paint of sorts. You spray it on just like spray paint...let it dry. Do a few coats with 15-25min in between. Once it dries it's actually surprisingly durable...if you don't like it. Peel up and edge..and it peels off like skin. YouTube it. it's like $6 a can.

My friend did his rims (a lot of people do) and it held up for years. finally the automated car wash made it start peeling. I suck with a spray can so I can't do a professional looking job and it looks cheesy to me. I have only done my door moldings and they turned out great, can't even tell. You can buy black, smoke, most commonly. And u can get a glossifier to make it a shiny black

#250 ·
I wasn't aware that it simply peeled off. I'm guessing once peeled off there is no harm to the chrome?

#253 ·
Don't worry about goin off topic. Look at any one elses build thread..that's what happens on these. Lots of good info being passed around right now so Go for it!

#255 ·
Not at all.

I will say my tires aren't a full 12.5" wide though. I measured them exactly and told someone on here but I can't remember. I think it's just shy of 12"

But at full lock there looks to be plenty of room for a full 12.5 wide.

#257 ·
should be okay with -18

#258 ·
Well when I get a chance I may try plasti dipping the grille and see how it turns out. May not be till the summer though when I'm out of school. Thanks for the info gonefishin and canadian hemi pride!

#262 ·
Haha I understand. Good luck with the exam and finals!

#264 ·
Finally got my new ram emblem since I broke the original one. grille is now complete

Reactions: Rich859
#267 ·
no rubbing at all

#271 ·
ahhhh gotcha. well do what u gotta do. they'll still look good

#273 ·
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#284 ·
i just now saw you guys posted here. whoops

ive never been so broke guys. i thought this new job would pay for a lift in no time...not the case. as soon as I was sitting on some dough, i blew my knee out and missed two weeks of work (shit that's the lift right there).

For the forseeable future I won't have a lift. even when I get $1500 saved up I have a lot of other things I want. I'm satisfied with where my truck is at now honestly. Plus Ive been leaning more towards BDS than RCX so that'd take more money. I'd almost rather get new tires/wheels. and i definitely need to be saving up for tires, these federals won't last forever.

sorry for the let down guys :/

#285 ·
No worries Kyle, unfortunately that's how things go sometimes. As you said, your truck looks great the way it is now anyway.

I definitely see where you're at with spending the money to get the BDS kit as well. I don't have any issues with RCX but if you plan on keeping the truck for quite a while I'd spend the cash and get the BDS kit. So far that's what I'm leaning towards for my 3500 as well (a few years down the road).

#287 ·
if I didn't need a truck so damn bad, I'd get rid of it and save myself some money for awhile. I have my beater car, so I wouldn't be vechicle-less. but i dont know what I'd do without my truck. None of my friends have one...we would never be able to go camping/tailgating/fishing all of that. It'd be horrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.