DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Loud Startup

Tags
4.7 startup
2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  erm 
#1 ·
1st off I have the 4.7L so I don't know if this also could happen with the HEMI. When I start the truck after it's been sitting for over a few hours the fan sounds like it is going warp speed (I don't know if its the fan or not but thats what it sounds like) and the RPMs are running high. It usually lasts for 60-90 seconds and I try not to shift into gear until it stops but sometimes I'm in a hurry and it gets really loud and then nothing, quiet as can be!! I asked the dealer and they said it was no big deal but couldn't tell me what it was. Any thoughts?!?!

#5 ·
i've got a hemi and when i start mine no matter if its hot or cold my choke is open it runs high rpm's for about 30 sec. and then idles down. you can hear the fan as well i've researched this issue and i have found no need to worry. these trucks have so many different functions compared to my 02 ram its ridiculious. i'm up in the air when it comes to the changes that dodge has made. it seems i'm always on my toes on high alert when i drive just waiting for a new sound or vibration. its always something you just can't drive these trucks anymore you have to listen too.

#6 ·
I don't go anywhere until it comes off of that 'high idle' function. Usually takes less than (30) seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.