DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone have luck selling their stock dual exhaust?

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  crazyrealtor 
#1 ·
I was thinking of selling mine to help fund a cat back. If so what were you asking. I was thinking 200-300 as it has 8000 miles. let me know if it worth trying to deal with,lol. Thanks'

Also what are you guys running for cat back. I cant decide between the magnaflow or the flowmaster

#4 ·
This would be a Craigslist special. As for which exhaust, here is what I have gathered through my research (i'll limit it to the brands you mentioned)
Flowmaster:
Awesome deep rumble at startup and low throttle, however it tends to break up at higher RPM and some are prone to drone.
Lower cost than a full Magnaflow kit.
Mangaflow:
More mellow in the lower RPM, however no drone (that I have read) and the exhaust gets consistantly more aggressive the deeper into the throttle you go.
Superior performance to all other readily available kits except Borla.

My question for you: why don't you look into a muffler and y-pipe swap? It would be much cheaper and deliver a very impressive results. Take the saved money and get an intake!

#6 ·
I'll admit the 5" tips did help me go with the magnaflow kit I am anxiously awaiting; however, I have a single stock exhaust and the hd bumpers I'm getting accommodate the duals. Just some food for thought, and like I said I'm sure that craigslist would be a great venue for moving your stock exhaust. You could also call a local pull-a-part or something similar and see what they are buying the exhausts for.

#8 ·
I sold mine and installed the Magnaflow & Y-pipe. I think it sold the same day I posted it or maybe took 2 days.

I sold it for $150 + shipping and I used the Magnaflow box.

The person I sold it to didnt want the muffler, just the pipes and tips so it was easy to ship.

I think The stock muffler is made of LEAD....:wow:it's really heavy

Thx

#10 ·
Moved mine on Kijiji (Canadian version of CraigsList) within a week
Guy was making a Single to Dual conversion on his SLT and already had a new Sport Bumper mounted.

He was shocked at the prices local shops were asking for a dual conversion with tips ($450+)
He was fine with the stock muffler/tips...just wasn't an available option on the Ram he cut a deal on at the dealership.

He was more than happy to pay me $200 for my like new take-offs
...bet I could have got more, but was happy to see it go and help out a fellow Ram owner.

#11 ·
You can sell just about anything on craigslist. Maybe someone who has a lease truck that is ending and needs to go back to stock would be a good candidate to buy your stock exhaust.

#12 ·
I thought about doing the same thing and selling my stock exhaust. My area has seen little luck getting rid of the stock exhaust as there do not seem to be trucks other than the HEMI running around. I called Magnaflow and asked them to make me a kit with the 14" Magnaflow instead of the quite 22" and they said no! lol

I tried, since they won't produce a kit with anything other than the 22" muffler I'm getting the Mufflex 14" kit and tack welding the clamps in for support. The 22" muffler looks like a log under the truck IMO. My buddy has it and he's thinking of now buying a 14" muffler and welding it into his Magnaflow catback kit.....wasted money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.