DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Top center console cover doesn't latch well

7K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  CanuckHRAM 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I lifted the center console lower cover to access the large storage space at the bottom and the top cover came unlatched, which spilled all of the stuff in there all over the rear floor. Is there a way to adjust the latch for the top cover so that it won't open by itself?

Thanks,
Oak

#4 ·
On the latch? The piece with the hooks that is on the lid moves very freely, it just seems like the hooks don't fully engage the recess on the bin. It looks like I need a way to adjust the hooks toward the back maybe 1/4" or so, but I don't see an obvious area to adjust.

Thanks,
Oak

#7 ·
Hey Lawdog,
I just gave the cover a firm push and it locked up tighter than a frog's azz.
Perfect!!! Now I love this truck even more. I was a little bummed that something as simple as that was out of spec. Wrong again!

Thanks a ton,
Oak

#13 ·
Hey Lawdog,
I just gave the cover a firm push and it locked up tighter than a frog's azz.
Perfect!!! Now I love this truck even more. I was a little bummed that something as simple as that was out of spec. Wrong again!

Thanks a ton,
Oak
Sweet, glad it worked out!. I did the same thing first go round, latch wasnt secured and I lifted the bottom one up...the top cover came open and everything went flying out...I was like WTF.
So I gave it a good push down and its all good now..I guess we live and learn.

#9 ·
Just have to make sure you give it a good push when closing it. My 09 and my 13 have the same problem. Guess dodge never bothered to fix it

#10 ·
I have to also push hard down to latch it. It took a while to get used to because you feel like you might break something.

#11 ·
I just snap it shut with a little...authoritah...and it stays latched fine. LOL

#12 ·
For a truck that stickers at over $42k I would have liked to see them to a better job but a hard shut works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.