DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Plastidipping rims

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Thebestestdrummer 
#1 ·
How many cans will I need? At 20$/can CAD$ Holly crap it's not that cheap.

Thick application so it stays on good.

S.

#3 ·
I used about 3 1/2 cans, and felt that was more than enough, 4 cans would be plenty like nfd said.

#5 ·
my experience with putting it on my sport wheels was not good....at first looked great and stayed on.....THEN i drove in the first day of 40F and rainy conditions and it started flying off each wheel at once. So i dont think it holds up to temp changes in big applications. I say that because i've had it on my antennas for my truck and car and it's held onto those through multiple car washes just fine so your experiences may vary.

#9 ·
I dipped mine back in March. The flat surfaces look perfect. The edge of the wheel where it meets the tire is the problem area for me. I didn't tape or use index cards like some of the videos I've seen so that could have been my problem. It is just starting to pull away at the edge. It looks fine from a distance but looks like crap up close. Yeah, it bugs me. I may remove it and try to apply it again. You certainly can't complain about the price. A few hours of your time, $25 in plastidip, and a few beers between coats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.