DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fitting 22x14's...HELP

13K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Wandell 
#1 ·
I own a 2010 Dodge SLT 4x4. I'm looking to see what it would take to fit 22x14 w/ -76 offset on Toyo Open Country M/T's 37x13.50/22. Right now I plan on getting the BDS 6'' kit w/ a Zone 1.5'' body lift, would that be enough to properly clear the x14's? I know they are wide so clearing them is essential. Would I need more than just 7.5''(6'' BDS + 1.5" Zone) to clear them?

2nd question
Will the M/T's 37x13.50x22's actually fit on the x14's? I don't want the ballooned look on the tires, if they are stretched what would fit better? I'm not really a tire guru.

Thanks

#8 ·
those are some pricey wheels right their, just quoted a guy for some American Force Bravo's at almost over 1k per wheel, they are very nice, but very pricey too, the quality is top notch though, and you do not see them every day so they are eye catchers for sure!

#3 ·
In terms of clearance, you'll have an inch and a quarter more than stock 20x9 rims w stock 275/60/20 tires on the inside. The new tires will sit about six inches further out on the outside.
The new tire circumference is 4" bigger than stock 275/60/20. Only half of that is above the hub. So you'll clear w that lift nicely.

#4 ·
But make sure you have the gear ratio to push those tires. If, like me, you're running 3.55 gear ratio, the most you'll want to run is a 35" tire. Here's to hoping you have 3.92 gears.

#5 ·
LowUFO,
Thanks for the help. I tried doing all the conversions in my head and well, that's why I posted on here. Thanks a lot! That wheel doesn't look too bad, kinda wanted a more square/flush look but that's not bad at all.

#6 ·
Then maybe look at a 22 x 10 or 22 x 12 rim. Then the tire won't be as stretched and it will square off better.

#7 ·
Generally I do not recommend running a wheel that is wider than the tire, most who run 13.50's will run a 10" wide or 12" wide wheel, if you are looking into a 22x14 I would be much more comfortable advising you to run a 15.50" wide tire, with that said you are going to for sure need to go up a little higher or do some trimming to have clearance at full lock, a 13.50 you should have no issues with the lift you are wanting to do.

If you have not yet decided where you are buying your wheels/tires/lift reach out to us we have some of the best discounts for our fellow forum members, and some very steep discounts on BDS you will not find a shop selling it for less. We can have everything delivered to your door all you have to do is have it put on, and our wheels and tires come mounted/balances/ w/TPMS installed if you need them so all you have to do is take your old ones off and put the new ones on :)

Let us know how you come out and once you get it all done be sure to post up some pics :)

Thanks
Jeremiah

#9 ·
Im no help at all for the fitment part... but i can help for motivation!!

I seen a 4th gen 2500 lifted up with that stance...needless to say i had to go home and change my britches...lol

#10 ·
#11 ·
Yeah I only posted that pic to show the OP what the profile would look like of a 13.50 on a 14" rim. Hot rims though. Not worth it imo.

#12 ·
I think i've made my final decision, I'm going to be going with the XD Diesels in 22x11. After looking at the picture that LowUFO posted, i'm not a huge fan of that. I'll go w/ these so that they can easily fit on the 37x13.5's. Thanks for the help everyone! This place is quick w/ answers and awesome!

#15 ·
FastNUgly,

Will do man! I really appreciate the help and I will definitely be in contact with you. I've been going around to the local off-road shops getting quotes and talking to them about labor and stuff. You guys definitely seem to be the way to go so far. Thanks again.

#16 ·
Sweet!
Just know that with the 22x14, you will need height and you will need the 15.5" wide tire.

You will have to work on strengthening that front end as well.
If you dont do mudding, then you will be ok but I strongly recommend looking into gears

If you really want the 13.5" wide tires, then go with a 12" wide rim

#17 ·
FastNUgly,

Yeah, after looking at the pic that LowUFO posted, i realize i don't like the look of the tire stretched even in the slightest bit. I plan on doing the XD Diesel's in 22x11's! Lookin to get the 37x13.5x22's to fit on em. Will be in touch w/ you soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.