DODGE RAM FORUM banner

upper control arm bushing

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gysnst2 
#1 ·
just had pass side upper control arm bushings replaced under warranty , sounds like the drivers is going too now that the others are replaced. are the bushing common to go? should I replace them with poly bushing if there available .

#5 ·
the new bushing are alright, I`m still having a knocking sound in the front suspension when I come of a speed bump or similar type road condition. the tie rod and left control arm replacement did show a change in front end noise but it`s still knocking. I`m going to make another appointment in September. I don`t know if the dealer just tries to fix 1 problem at a time but that's what it seems like. if they had done a test drive over the road like I explained to them they should have heard it. I still love the truck even though it`s only been 4 months and 3 trips to dealer.

#6 ·
All I know is the right front sway bar link. Where is mounts to the lower a arm keeps coming loose on my truck. After a while it starts to make a slight bang when turning hard or going over large bumps. Can't figure the thing out. Was thinking about replacing both of them with maxx links

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.