DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mag muffler& sc upgrade

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
Hey guys yesterday I had a 18" mag muffler installed and got a sc tuner what a great day! I did not want loud but it could have been a little louder sounds good I'm happy. Then I added the tuner on the 91 setting I thought there would be more power,The guy I bought the tuner from had the extra tranny setting have not tried it yet.I'm going to try to turn off the mds when it kicks in sounds terrible.And I have a Volant cai on order I hope the cai will help.What do you guys think?

#4 ·
What I did is download a "baseline" that someone else made from that mcfailnet site (google it) and then just messed with it every few days, adjusting it a little at a time. Drive for a little, adjust again, etc. Eventually you'll figure out exactly how you want it to shift. It just takes a long time because every time you adjust it you have to essentially retune the truck, which takes about 15 minutes.

#8 ·
This should give you a pretty good idea of what it looks like. Just plug in the tuner and follow instructions.

The column on the left is throttle percent and the column on the right is shift rpm.

You can also set overdrive off shift schedules and low shift schedules(for use when in 4x4).

Here's the site for downloading a starter schedule:

http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.