DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lockpick v.5 Installed

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MrGoodbar 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got around to installing the newest v.5 Lockpick.

So far right out of the box the install is working great. Did not have to do any extra wiring, probably because I didn't wire in any extra cameras since I already have the OEM rear cam.

Only took a few pics because I was more worried about destroying my perfect dash :)

And finally - a very smart move - incase I ever need to update this bad boy, I wired the module to be accessible without ripping apart the dash again.

On Friday the Console Vault arrives to safely lock up my Vehicular Manual Defense System...

Just felt like sharing!

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
I'll try to attach a basic removal document I had found. It helps, but it's still nerve racking to tear apart the trim pieces.

Works for 4th gens with the full center console.

Attachments

#6 ·
yeah i have the full center console. you pop the trim around the shifter/cupholders, pop out the console top, then remove a couple screws at the bottom of the dash face and 2 on top and pop it out. there is a thread and several youtube videos on how to do it, it is real easy.

the BIG thing is to make sure you get the plugs seated squarely when connecting the LP. it is easy to bend a pin, so don't just jam them on.

to be honest i have not played with the LP features much since getting it last year. We had just got back from vacation when i got the truck and the LP so i've not used the video but a couples times playing with it. The main thing i use it for now is the ability to update NAV destinations as i drive. I also have an ARE Toolmaster series topper so my side vision is limited. This was part of why i got the LP was to install a blinker cam so the screen would show what is beside me, but i've not gotten around to actually installing the cam yet, LOL.

#8 ·
Any way to access the various camera views without having to switch to the "TV" function and still listening to SAT, Radio, etc.....?

I hate having to switch to TV to be able to see the cams.

PS im not tallking about turn signal cams in auto or reverse cam when backing up. I want to switch to a cam whil stil listing to radio

BTW this install was toooooo easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.