DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fog bumper swap

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  OMALLEY808 
#1 ·
PLEASE don't flame me...

I have used the search function, and come across multiple threads on this, however between reading pages upon pages about this I still don't have complete answers.

I recently had an accident and convinced the body shop to install the factory fog cut out bumper on my 09 Quad slt that previously had just the solid chrome front bumper. Now I have begun the process to complete the swap. My questions are, has anyone actually completed this swap? Most of the threads I have read are incomplete, and if there is a thread with alot of details listed, please feel free to post the link.

Basically, I have a few questions. I have located the OEM part kit with the wiring, lights, and switch on a few different sites including ebay. Oddly enough, I think my truck has the proper switch already installed (at least that is what I think) it has a small push button switch underneath the headlight switch. Also, I keep seeing referance to "mounting brackest" for the lights, but have been able to locate a part# for them (are these hard to install?). Does anyone know if the wiring harness is plug and play? or do I have to splice them in? If so, any idea about where to locate the wiring diagrams? Lastly, a link to a exploded diagram of the fog bumper assembly might even warrant a sincere thank you:D

I just figured I'd ask if anyone had some knowledge of this swap before I get started.

As always, thank you
Regards

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I know there`s a detailed thread on this because I looked at it when I was trying to decide if I should do this. Maybe some of what I learned will help you.

All of the kits I`ve seen on ebay are for the fog lights that mount down in the lower bumper, beside the tow hooks, not in the fog lamp cut-outs.

The switch your referring to in your truck is most likely your cargo light switch. I`m pretty sure that you`ll only have the right switch if you already have the fog lights.

The part number for the mounting brackets is 68054374AB. Needless to say you`ll need two (there`s no left or right).

I believe the wiring harness is plug and play but you should double check that.

Check here:

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_performance_dodge_truck_magnum_body_parts_&_exterior.htm

and you`ll find an exploded view of the bumper and a listing of all the parts you`ll need.

Good luck!!

G
#3 ·
Good info ^^^^ and I'll add that if you want the fogs to operate, you'll need to go see the dealer after the install and have the PCM flashed.

I strongly suggest you use the factory harness and switch. The factory stuff will truly be plug and play.

#4 ·
if you want the fogs to operate, you'll need to go see the dealer after the install and have the PCM flashed.
You`re right MADDOG! I don`t know how I forgot about that!! I hear with the 2012s you have to get a re-flash when you fill the tank to let the gas gauge know you have new fuel in the truck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.