DODGE RAM FORUM banner

DiabloSport inTune...

25K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  f18hornetapache64 
#1 ·
I got the inTune today. I went out and loaded up the 87 tune. It is raining out, so I put it in 4x4 mode and took it out for a bit. I can tell it has a bit more get up. This is a very new to me process and I will have to play with some parameters till I get it the way I want it, but so far so good. DiabloSport seems to be very helpful and that will be helpful to me as well. I am very new to the tune thing, so I am looking to pick their brains as to what I should and can do to get it tuned in good.:LOL:

#2 ·
congrats on the purchase bud and the first thing i would do is remove the mds

#5 ·
I went and filled up with Shell 93 octane put 22 gallons in it. Then loaded up the 91 tune and so far it seems like a meaner RAM,lmao. I am still in the first stages of testing (lol) so I do not have MPG numbers. Also it has been raining off and on, so no real tire burning as yet. Went over to my buddies house and backed into his drive, then gave it some gas and I thought the GoodYears where gonna chew up the cement,lol. I stopped and then did the same going forward. It was dry, not wet/damp, so it does have more get up. Knock on wood, no issues with tune changes, so.... stay tuned (no pun intended) lmao.:LOL:

#6 ·
Ok, so I have the inTune tuner and the 91 tune loaded in the RAM. I took it out yesterday first real dry day since I got the tuner. Drove a mile or so to make sure tires were free of any mud, water,etc. I came to a empty road and stopped. Ok, so I bumped the throttle booster up from 5% to max 20%. I them stomped the peddle to the floor and OMG!!! The RAM laid a rubber mark est 2 RAM lengths on the pavement. I have the 3.55 rear end. I have never been able to squawk the tires before. Now, only one tire laid rubber, but traction control kept me straight,lol. I can not believe the power it has opened up. The tuner states an added 25 HP and 25 FtTq. Plus I have the MOPAR CAI on it. I am very please with it so far. I am still test the 91 tune. The MPG booster tune will be next on my agenda. :wavey:

#7 ·
glad you like it bud and if you turn off the traction control you will be able to lay a much longer strip then that:)

#8 ·
Yes, but will it stay straight? lol. I want to maintain control in a straight line. Besides, I do not want to buy new tires this year,lol. It does make a night and day difference. I have a buddy that has a 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7L and when he brings it out of it's winters nap, I told him we need to run them, so I can get an idea how much faster it is. The RAM that is,lol.:wow:

#12 ·
If it were posi thats when you would have a problem keeping it straight, the back end would start sliding out. With just a one tire fire you won't have any problems keeping it pointed in the right direction.

#14 ·
Ok, So an update on the testing (lol) of the DiabloSport inTune. I am so far very pleased. The only thing I did not like was the spark knock a.k.a. KR with Shell 93 octane gas. I have never had an issue with Shell gas, but I did experience some KR with the Diablo tune which calls for 93 octane. I emailed Shell and they give me the song and dance. They said they are a Top Tier Fuel and that I should use the proper octane rating for my vehicle. I went on the DS website and they said to use BP, or Sunoco. I have not had an issue with the 91 tune. The best thing is, that I have not taken a huge, or even a small hit in MPG's with either tune. I have not even tried out the 87, or the MPG Booster tune. I will have to soon enough though with gas prices being at and over 4 bucks a gallon.

#17 ·
So, my buddy has a 27 ft boat. 6000 + pounds. We had to drive up into Michigan and back down to Ohio. It was just under 60 miles round trip. I got 13.1 MPG. Not to bad. I have the 91 tune setup. DiabloSport InTune.:smileup:

#19 ·
got it plugged it in.. first test went with stock modified , pushed the throttle repsonse to 15% , up'd the 1-2 shift & 3-4 , did not take off MDS and remember first test of many untill i find what i what... so mpg after 100 mile is UP 1.5 mostly town {low14's to 16.5 now} and it flat out runs better, best way to say it... so i'll check back after i do some REAL testing ,

#27 ·
got it plugged it in.. first test went with stock modified , pushed the throttle repsonse to 15% , up'd the 1-2 shift & 3-4 , did not take off MDS and remember first test of many untill i find what i what... so mpg after 100 mile is UP 1.5 mostly town {low14's to 16.5 now} and it flat out runs better, best way to say it... so i'll check back after i do some REAL testing ,
well after much more testing town MPG is right at mid13 to 14 and that's no different than before tune. however it does run harder when you want it.. HWY pushing wind hard 16 maybe17. no wind or helping 19-22. ok now WTF does this mean avg.about 16MPG real world all around driving and that's fine by me...

#20 ·
update

So, I was doing some number crunching. I track every drop of gas that goes into my RAM. I have been doing it ever since gas has been more expensive and it started putting a dent into my budgets,lol. I looked back at last year and for the first 4-5 months, May of 2011 was the first month at wich I hit the 14 mpg for the month average, give or take a few 10ths of a gallon. I have hit the 14.1 mpg average in March. The real big difference between this year and last year as far as I can see. This year I bought the DiabloSport InTune for my RAM. I have been running Shell 93 for the last few months as well. I have the tune set to the 91 tune. I have squealed tires, driven kind of not so conservative and have towed a boat (50 miles round trip). Unless they started the summer mix back in Feb-March. I live outside Toledo,Ohio. I am not sure when summer gas gets brought back, so I can not explain if it is here or not. I know this, I hit a mark early in the year, with the 91 tune. I have yet to try the 87, or the MPG Booster tune on the RAM. I will say this, if you are thinking about buying one for your 2009-10 RAM, do it. Well worth the 389 I paid for it. I have already spent less on gas this year, so far almost 120.00 dollars less. IF I can average that savings every 4 months. I have paid for it.:SHOCKED::smiley_thumbs_up:

#22 ·
So, I was doing some number crunching. I track every drop of gas that goes into my RAM. I have been doing it ever since gas has been more expensive and it started putting a dent into my budgets,lol. I looked back at last year and for the first 4-5 months, May of 2011 was the first month at wich I hit the 14 mpg for the month average, give or take a few 10ths of a gallon. I have hit the 14.1 mpg average in March. The real big difference between this year and last year as far as I can see. This year I bought the DiabloSport InTune for my RAM. I have been running Shell 93 for the last few months as well. I have the tune set to the 91 tune. I have squealed tires, driven kind of not so conservative and have towed a boat (50 miles round trip). Unless they started the summer mix back in Feb-March. I live outside Toledo,Ohio. I am not sure when summer gas gets brought back, so I can not explain if it is here or not. I know this, I hit a mark early in the year, with the 91 tune. I have yet to try the 87, or the MPG Booster tune on the RAM. I will say this, if you are thinking about buying one for your 2009-10 RAM, do it. Well worth the 389 I paid for it. I have already spent less on gas this year, so far almost 120.00 dollars less. IF I can average that savings every 4 months. I have paid for it.:SHOCKED::smiley_thumbs_up:
Hummmm...so you started using 93 oct. with the tuner ( more $ cost for 93) and got .1 more mpg. and this paid for the tuner?.

#23 ·
No, I looked back at last year and seen that I never hit the 14 mpg average for a one month period until May. I hit the 14 mpg mark this year in March. I have also spent less money on gas over the same amount of fills.Better MPG= less fills= less $$$. So far I have saved almost 120 bucks. IF I can continue this, I will have paid for the DS InTune. Do you understand what I am saying now?

#25 ·
I am getting annoyed by this issue. I have been running only Shell gas in my 2010 RAM 5.7L Hemi and I have been using 89 octane in it last 2 fill ups and I set the tune to 87 tune. I have been listening for KR and I would hear it from time to time. It was noticeable. So, I reset my RAM to OEM settings and ran it through same type of running and guess what, NO KR. WTH is wrong with this tuner to cause it to do this? I am not wanting to ruin my RAM over 20 hp and tq. This tuner should be able to run with Shell,Sunoco,BP,Mobil,etc gasolines. Something is not right with these tunes to cause KR. If I can adjust something, please let me know. If there is going to be an update to correct this issue, I would like to know as well. Other wise I can not use the tuner. I save on gas by using Shell. They have a program with Kroger store and I can save .10 per gallon for every 100 dollars spent in one month up to 1.00 dollar off per gallon up to 35 gallons. I am kind of tied to them, so the tuner needs to change for me to use it. I have been told that Hemi's are known to knock. Is there any one that has this issue with any kind of gas? I have been writing on intunes forums, so far I am not satisfied with the answers I have been getting. Why should I not be able to use anyones gasoline and still not worry about the tuner making it knock on me.

#26 ·
Im curious if it does this with the other DS tuners. I have been looking at tuners for about a year now and this thread had me sold on the intune until your last post.

#30 ·
Well, I am not giving up on it yet. I am going to change the gas I use for a while and see if it does correct the issue. The DS intune is pretty much the best one out thus far. BDog has to be wired into the battery. This is plug in to OBDII and when done unplug and store the unit.:smileup:

#28 ·
I'm finding the problem with the KR and shell gas too. I heard somewhere that shell puts an additive in to reduce knock. Which makes me wonder why they would have to do do this if there wasn't something in the gas that would make it knock. I have a Nissan Murano that calls for 91 octane, and if I put shell 91 in, it will knock when I stomp it too.

#29 ·
Don't you guys watch the TV?..... Shell adds Nitrogen to its fuels (in·ert) (
n-ûrt
)
adj. 1. Unable to move or act.
2. Sluggish in action or motion; lethargic. See Synonyms at inactive.
3. Chemistry Not readily reactive with other elements; forming few or no chemical compounds.
4. Having no pharmacologic or therapeutic action.

#31 ·
Ok, so I have been doing some testing with Exxon 93 gas and Kroger (BP) gas 93 octane. I have the DS intune set at the DiabloSport tune (93) and I have had nothing but knocking every time I get on it from a start. WTF? It is not the gas. It has to be the tuner, well DS says that Hemi RAMS are known for knocking, well at least a few guys on their forums does anyways. I do not hear it when I am running OEM stock tune. I hear it when I am running the DS tune. What would you guys think? Do any of you have an issue with knocking? I am trying to grasp this in my head, but so far I can not. There should be something within the tuner that can be adjusted as to not have a knocking issue. Is that a too far fetch question? Any how let me know your opinions. Thanks.:wavey:

#32 ·
Just off the top of my head,what about a timeing adjustment or go and replace to a thinner head gasket..lol...Yes i know that 2nd idea aint happening..lol

Not that im buying any time soon but im still lookin around and wondering what one i want..For some reason super chips dont gimmie the warm n fuzzys,i was considering BD but seems there aint much adj in them and i was to almost sold on an intune,till now..

#33 ·
I was also considering an In tune for my 2010 Ram but I think now I will wait a bit and see how this thread turns out. Good luck with your problem. Knock sucks.

#34 ·
I've been running an intune on my 2010 hemi 2500 for the past 6 months. Started with 87 tune then bumped up to 91 tune. I have no complaints, seems to be doing exactly what I want. I run Husky through mine. I will note that I once filled up with shell gas and I experienced knock while pulling my 5th wheel under WOT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.