DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Some people need to learn the hard way

5K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  AllUCIsTailLights 
#1 ·
Yesterday i earned the fastest 100 bucks ever.

Me and my wife were out for a cruise last night when some idiot pulled up to me at a light in a Ford F150 Ecoboost and starts waving his hands for me to roll down my window so i do thinking they might be lost looking for directions but it was the complete opposite he starts talking shit about how slow the Hemi rams were compared to his ecoboost. I told him to take a hike and move alone im not interested then he waves 100 dollar bill out the window and says ill bet you 100 bucks. I told him you pulled up to me and started talking crap about my truck and you want me to bet you 100 bucks thats not going to happen, His girlfriends yells out the window and says if you lose we keep the hundred but if you win you get the hundred. My wife says to me you got nothing to lose. I proceed to ask him what type of mods he has, he only had a cold air intake. which is the only mod i have my self except for my performance exhaust.

Little did he know that his head would be hung low:shy2: as my truck certainly put him and his truck in the right place. THE losing end

#6 ·
#15 ·
yeah its a v6, but you forgot to add it has forced induction and more stout numbers than the modern hemi, and will walk right past the hemi once she is spoolin at or around 100mph. im not stickin up for it, just stating facts, im a dodge guy, fords ok, bowties are for the pick n pull. :smileup: nice kill, did ya rub it in? i would have:gy:

#20 ·
Really? Yeah cause it makes since to replace the new 5.8 SUPERCHARGED motor that will be in the new Shelby with a twin turbo 3.6

Btw... not that im trying to justify the ecoboost but its pushing 365HP and 420 Torque. So its go slightly less HP then a sport but more Torque... plus they have the luxury of a tuner option where as we with 2011+ do not. With the same gearing they also get about 700 more lbs of trailer towing then us... ijs its not that bad of a motor... i just love how my sport ext and for sure the interior compare to any other make.

#24 ·
and as soon as they tune it their warranty is over. They cant even mod the exhaust without loosing their warranty. And if they turn up the boost it breaks a marked seal put there purposely by ford to detect it and imediately void the warranty. Fords encryption detects tunes, chryslers blocks and will detect if anyone gets through it...ecoboost is just as screwed as the 11 on up hemi

#17 ·
Did the same thing the other day minus the money

EcoBoost guy at the light next to me kept creeping up. Light goes green and i left 2 black stripes in his face. You could hear his motor revving high and I think he was manually shifting. got to the next light and he pulled up and asked about what mods I had done. Told him magnaflow exhaust and K&N drop in only.

There is no substitute for cubic inches in the 1/8th mile......

#21 ·
There is no replacement for displacement.

Ford went from a 7.3 diesel to a 6.0 to a 6.4 to a 6.7. In a couple more years they will be back to the 7.3.

I do think the eco-boost is pretty sweet.

In ten years when we look at the cost of overhauling a twin turbo v6 or a hemi....I bet the hemi will be cheaper.

#23 ·
The first Eco-Boost I raced showed me a great profile of his tailgate. He had me in the 1/8th and 1/4. We raced 3 times, the 3rd time we traded trucks and with me driving the Eco, the win was even greater.

THEN I discovered from his dealer that his truck was tuned! :wow: This was something that was left out of the 'disclosure'. Since then I have upgraded my exhaust, intake and added a 91 tune. We have raced since then, and the tables have turned.

I discovered a tuned Eco will bet a 100% stock hemi when all other variables are the same. (Quad cab to quad cab; 4wd to 4wd; etc.)

How do you beat a stock Hemi with a V6? Easy.....just add a couple of turbos, aviation fuel, a tuner, exhaust, intake, OH....did I forget to mention the 4.56 gears. :)

In the beginning I was genuinely concerned that Ford had something very special. IMO, the Eco is pretty cool. They have managed to take a small V6 (3.5L isn't big in my books) and have it successfully power a full sized 4wd truck and do a very good job of it. Kudos to Ford! However, the Hemi continues to prove it's superiority in general. The only advantage I have been able to confirm with the Eco, is the fuel mileage when running empty.....there it consistently beats the Hemi.

#25 · (Edited)
The first Eco-Boost I raced showed me a great profile of his tailgate. He had me in the 1/8th and 1/4. We raced 3 times, the 3rd time we traded trucks and with me driving the Eco, the win was even greater.

THEN I discovered from his dealer that his truck was tuned!
Lol, I could be wrong but I seem to remember you telling this story this story in the hemi vs eb topic back when there was no tuner for the ecoboost. Plz excuse me if I missed something here but how is it that his truck was tuned and modded like that back then? And last, if the dealer told u this then I presume that they told u his warranty was void because of...or did he?

#27 ·
^^^ yes but you my friend have the advantage of being a 2010 that can do more mods then us the the 2011s and up

RadioFlyer- If i only had a 60k warranty like the Fords do then i really wouldnt give a rats A$$ about voiding my engines warranty. If my motor cant last 60k with a simple tuner mod then i need a new vehicle all together... im not talking about max out a boost or anything but a couple more lbs shouldnt do damage to it.

#28 ·
Talking about it is easier said than done...I felt the same way when I first got mine. But as time passed I changed my mind. At the same time, for each his own...it depends on how hungry the owner is for speed and winning and or how wealthy the person is. The vast majority of eb owners are midle aged on up and didn't purchase it to race. So I would think that only the young dumb and full of more dumb would do something stupid like that, lol. If I were to buy a Ford with the best of both worlds it would be a 5.0 or even better a 6.2 because I could not live with the exhaust sound of an eb. One last thing before I go, did you purchase an extended warranty? Plz correct me if I'm wrong, but all you should have is a 36/100 but not sure. I have an 09 with a 36/lifetime (limited) so I'm not sure of the others. Point is, anybody who did purchase an extended warranty is not going to risk loosing it. My freinds name is on 90% of the Fords in this town, yet even he is concerned about the warranty on the one he purchased for his son. His son told me that he is afraid to mod his wheels without risking voiding his warranty. I could never purchase one...I couldn't deal with it.

#29 ·
Ford does seem pretty sticky with regards to warranty, especially on the EB. Although unconfirmed, I have heard numerous owners complain that they can't even change the muffler or install a CAI as they have been advised this will void the engine warranty. If this is true, I feel it's a bit over the top. :4-dontknow:

#30 ·
That's how they afford to throw every bolt on in the book at the Shelby, they make the F-150 owners suffer lol Seriously you can't think that a 650HP SC car under full warranty will have some effect on the production line and legal side of things somewhere down the road.

The EB is a decent motor, I'll even say I watched all the torture test videos they did with the motor. Hauling large loads and throwing it into a Baja truck, down to the live tear down and measurements after all the testing. It is impressive. But I like to tinker with my toys, and I hate the sound of the upgraded exhaust on the EB's. Have you ever heard a V6 Accord with a "tuner" exhaust, same damn thing. And those turbo's aren't that big, cranking up boost on them won't get you very far.
While it seems that lately the more the big 3 give, the more they take (I can't tune my 11' yet) I am very happy with how far we've evolved. Think about this, the 2nd Gen Ram had a 5.2L V8 putting out 220HP, and we went crazy for it. Now even the PowerTech 4.7L V8 puts out over 300HP (not to the wheels of course, that's 4th Gen 5.7 territory) and we're able to produce better MPG. Now.. Long live the Hemi!!! And get rid of this damn rolling computer code so I can cam this damn thing already. :LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.