DODGE RAM FORUM banner

bilstein 5100s

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
From what I read I cant run the bilstein 5100s and a coil lift together is this correct? how much lift will just the 5100s give in the front to a stock vehicle?

thanks

#3 ·
The highest setting for the front Bilsteins is 2.8". No you cannot run Bilsteins and a strut spacer together. The back shocks do not provide any additional lift. The only way too add rear lift is longer springs or coil spacers.

No one on this forum can truly tell you what set up is going to level your truck without knowing the measurements. You need to go out and measure all 4 fender heights on your truck and find out how much factory rake you have. Then you'll know what to set the Bilsteins at. Keep in mind you want to retain at least 0.5" of rake to avoid looking nose high.

#5 ·
Yes... what's your point? Those socks are for a rear set up of 0-1" of lift (through coil spacers or longer springs). A shock by itself does absolutely nothing to hold the weight of the truck, therefore they cannot raise the height of your truck at all. A shocks sole purpose is spring dampening.

#14 ·
I appreciate the help! I have a 13 Ram sport CC 6 4 box and originally wanted a 4" lift, however if i gain exactly 4" or more it will not fit in my garage. (which is not the end of the world however it is nice to get it out of the NY winter occationally) So i was looking for the next best option to gain as close to 4" as possible aside from a body lift. Any input is much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.