DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Good Leather Conditioner/Cleaner?

5K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Roadrunner Ram 
#1 ·
Anybody know of a good leather cleaner and conditioner? I have the tan leather in my truck, and I am starting to notice areas where the leather looks dried out. I just bought this truck and it looks as though the leather has a white film over the top of it. Specifically, in the perferated area of the seat where my behind goes.

Thanks for the help,
Josh D.

#10 ·
Neets foot oil is an ideal leather conditioner.

By the way, there are known wear issues with the Rams with heated leather seats. I assume you have this type because it's the only situation I've heard of where the leather is perforated. Keep your eye on that.

#11 ·
Dry Wash and Guard Leather Cleaner/ Conditioner is designed to keep your Leather in like new condition and leaves a protective coating behind. There is no product on the market that protects your interior/exterior from UV for more than 30-days, so once a month is a good regime to have for all your Leather and Trim. I have been using DW&G products for the past 10 years on my own and my customers vehicles and they all have the same comments about the look and quality, WOW!!

#15 ·
I used the simoniz leather conditioner on my truck and it made it look sharp. I read that your only supposed to do it moonthly

#17 ·
the best leather cleaner is a bar of dove soap. grate a bar of dove put in water and melt in microwave until its like shaving cream rub onto leather then scrub off with cloth. spray pledge on leather and then buff. try it your seat will look and feel great it might take a little elbow grease but it works. i learned this for tahoe forum i did to my cheap gm leather it now feels like soft bmw leather

#19 ·
That does sound like a really cool idea. I like that homemade stuff too! Always works the best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.