DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cams ordered, is a tune needed?

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  E.L.D. 44 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 Ram 5.7, and atm there is no way to get them to tuned, if i were to put in a comp 268 cam,the comp beehive springs, and the
comp cam push rods, if i put this is before the predator is out for the 2011's would it throw engine codes and or hurt anything? i wanna predator :(:(

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/300cam.htm not where im getting the stuff just showin the stuff

also i realise i put cams in the thread my bad... lol my inner vtec kicked in sorry haha

#8 ·
Nope, you cant install a cam without a tune or you will blow that motor up, without a doubt!!

And I wouldnt hold your breath cause I think if they ever do crack this code, its going to take a while .... Like at least another year:smiledown:

#11 ·
Yep, definitely hold off on came until DS is ready 11 rams, After reading some threads on other forums i think its going to be some time before we see diablo tuning files for the 2011 chrysler/dodge/rams. I hoping what im reading is wrong. Because i have a trinity waiting for my ram.

#12 ·
Well as far as the tuner issue, we will be waiting a while. This is apparently a tough nut to crack. What I would suggest is pray that the Hurst Ram goes into production with a supercharger. They will have to retune the PCM for that which may help the tuner companies.

As far as a cam, you need an "eagle" cam. I was told by Stu at Inertia that I could go a very mild cam without tuning, but the cost would be prohibitive and he wouldn't recommend it. You can do plenty of other go fast things without a tuner...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.