DODGE RAM FORUM banner

calling all Painted engine covers

120K views 273 replies 147 participants last post by  bigblkram14 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of having my engine cover painted...Can I see some pics of our members that have had them done and what you paid to have them done? Thanks in advance...:smileup:

Reactions: Grubrunner
#105 ·
WOW!!! Winner

Who, What, When, and How do I get something like that done.

#129 ·
Bravo! That looks awesome. I want to do mine like that. Just tape and patience huh? Start with a white base coat?

#111 ·
Yes sir. Plastidip and patience most definitely. The stars I drew onto cardboard as my stencil and then traced onto painters tape. Then placed and spaced the stars evenly with ruler. :smileup:

#113 ·
Beautiful country out there as I have not been up north that way since my teens. I think your flag would look pretty badass on there. Especially everytime you open the hood to check fluids and all. Just that little extra something to give you a little pride in your ride.:smileup:

#114 ·
Did mine myself. Nothing very fancy, but I like the look under the hood. Took much longer to mask off than actually paint. Just like someone said, make sure it is clean. I went over the raised letters with some 400 grit just to break the surface, then cleaned with degreaser.
Working on going with all red accent under there, started with the red BT catch can.

Attachments

#117 ·
Does this count? Technically it covers my engine...Painted true HEMI Orange, the decal is from Nate at Rebage

#123 ·
This is a long thread so I apologize if this info is buried in here already but I thought some of you might find this link helpful.
The guy is selling decals that fit on the engine cover to cover the "Hemi 5.7".
Anyone who has tried taping out those letters trying to make them perfect can attest how much time it takes to get right. I think $15 for decals is pricey but hey ..... so is every single thing we do to these trucks. HA!
Happy Thanksgiving to the Z

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item41797689b0&vxp=mtr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.